All things Monarch of the Seas

[B][I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=purple]Jean when I saw this in your signature line.....[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/B]

[COLOR=teal]Monarch Refugees Rock the Paradise![/COLOR]

[B][I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=purple]Were you part of the team that played Quest on the last four day of the Monarch out of LA? I remember there was one team that had that name. I also agree with the other statement in your signature line...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/B]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=teal]The Monarch is gone, :mad: who will replace her[/COLOR][/FONT]

[B][I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=purple]Most of the crew we talked to were not happy either. One crew member in the Windjamer who has been on the Monarch since before it came to LA said when the Viking Serenade left LA, RCCL said there was not going to be a replacement. After RCCL received so many letters from former passengers wanting another ship to do to the 3 and 4 day the Monarch arrived. Not sure if this is the true explanation as to what happened after the Viking Serenade left, but it does leave room for some hope that there will be a replacement announced. Some of the merchants I always go to in Ensenada were commenting about "this is the last time for RCCL to be here." Also, Catalina merchants will notice a big decline in their retail sales, I have my favorites there to shop also.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/B]

[B][I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#800080]Some of the crew we talked to were not looking forward to the 16 day to Florida, with 10 days at Sea. One guy was concerned with dealing with bored passengers. Of course the crew is accustomed to new passengers twice a week who are excited about their mini cruise.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/B]

[quote name='Iluvboatrides'][B][I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=purple]Jean when I saw this in your signature line.....[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/B]

[B][I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=purple]Were you part of the team that played Quest on the last four day of the Monarch out of LA? I remember there was one team that had that name. I also agree with the other statement in your signature line...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/B]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=teal]The Monarch is gone, :mad: who will replace her[/COLOR][/FONT]

[B][I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=purple]Most of the crew we talked to were not happy either. One crew member in the Windjamer who has been on the Monarch since before it came to LA said when the Viking Serenade left LA, RCCL said there was not going to be a replacement. After RCCL received so many letters from former passengers wanting another ship to do to the 3 and 4 day the Monarch arrived. Not sure if this is the true explanation as to what happened after the Viking Serenade left, but it does leave room for some hope that there will be a replacement announced. Some of the merchants I always go to in Ensenada were commenting about "this is the last time for RCCL to be here." Also, Catalina merchants will notice a big decline in their retail sales, I have my favorites there to shop also.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/B]

[B][I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#800080]Some of the crew we talked to were not looking forward to the 16 day to Florida, with 10 days at Sea. One guy was concerned with dealing with bored passengers. Of course the crew is accustomed to new passengers twice a week who are excited about their mini cruise.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/B][/quote]

The "Monarch Refugees Rock the Paradise" is a roll call for a Feb 13th(?) cruise on Paradise. [URL]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=859985[/URL] I would love to go, but will be in Antarctica.

My letter to RCCL was sent this week. Hopefully there will be enough of us here to convince them to send us something.

Most of the crew I spoke with about relocating were not happy with it. We didn't hear about issues with bored passengers. Heard alot from crew that were concerned about flying home from the East Coast, and the time it would take. Even JohnnyO wasn't happy....and doesn't know where he'll end up.

Dave

[quote name='Iluvboatrides'][B][I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=purple]Jean when I saw this in your signature line.....[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/B]

[/quote]

I wasn't on the final 4-nighter. The tag in my signature line is my ongoing protest. I did send an email to Miami (I never get a response to written letters, whether a compliment or concern), and received a nice voicemail back from C&A that said, "don't give up hope." Which means only don't give up hope, so I won't.

[quote name='HKG']Does anyone have any pictures of room on Deck 8?[/quote]

Not sure if anyone posted pictures of deck 8 cabins yet, but here you go....

[URL=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2053307480101628544FXhCOs][IMG]http://inlinethumb29.webshots.com/42908/2053307480101628544S425x425Q85.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2950678640101628544mDYSFi][IMG]http://inlinethumb46.webshots.com/40557/2950678640101628544S425x425Q85.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

We just booked a short get away on the Monarch sailing 12/15/08 from Port Canaveral.. We love Royal Carribean (platinum members) and looking forward to the short cruise, great price, we'll let you know later, thanks for all the info...sewer...

[quote name='Piepkorn']The "Monarch Refugees Rock the Paradise" is a roll call for a Feb 13th(?) cruise on Paradise. [URL]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=859985[/URL] I would love to go, but will be in Antarctica.

My letter to RCCL was sent this week. Hopefully there will be enough of us here to convince them to send us something.

Most of the crew I spoke with about relocating were not happy with it. We didn't hear about issues with bored passengers. Heard alot from crew that were concerned about flying home from the East Coast, and the time it would take. Even JohnnyO wasn't happy....and doesn't know where he'll end up.

Dave[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=purple][B][I]Thank you for the clarification. For the last few years my daughter and I have the tradition of at least one boat ride on the Monarch....helped us get to Diamond status pretty quick. We totally enjoy these 3 and 4 day mini vacations together....so we are going on the Paradise on May 18, 2009. We are hoping to recruit several friends to join us. [/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[B][I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#800080]My daughter spent several minutes talking to JohnnyO at the Platinum/Diamond reception. They both had gastric by pass surgery about the same time, and both are 200 pounds lighter. I don't believe they talked about the relocation of the Monarch. We really enjoyed the JohnnyO evening and hearing the beautiful music he gave us with the EWI...Electronic Wind Instructment for those who are wondering what a EWI is. I think it is probably time for him to move on to another ship. Also, it won't be too long before Bingo Dan will be a cruise director, and he can really sing pretty well.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/B]

[B][I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#800080]Our waiter (female) and her husband, also a waiter are not happy about the additional time and expense of flying home from the east coast. She said there were about 4 married couples in the crew.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/B]

[B][I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#800080]On the bored passengers, earlier today I found the thread for the 16 day cruise on the Monarch. That group had all sorts of plans. Those on Cruise Critic will be very busy. I know there were some who were doing the b2b of the last two LA cruises, and staying on for the 16 day. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/B]

[quote name='Iluvboatrides']
[B][I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#800080]My daughter spent several minutes talking to JohnnyO at the Platinum/Diamond reception. They both had gastric by pass surgery about the same time, and both are 200 pounds lighter. I don't believe they talked about the relocation of the Monarch. We really enjoyed the JohnnyO evening and hearing the beautiful music he gave us with the EWI...Electronic Wind Instructment for those who are wondering what a EWI is. I think it is probably time for him to move on to another ship. Also, it won't be too long before Bingo Dan will be a cruise director, and he can really sing pretty well.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/B]
[/quote]

We talked with Bingo Dan at length, and mentioned to him that he should be a CD. He told us he didn't want to be a CD, just wanted to pursue singing. Said he did a small gig with JohnnyO on a recent cruise.

We have both of JohnnyO's CDs and enjoy them immensely.

Dave and Debbie

Hello, I just booked a f1 cabin on deck 7. I was wondering how the view was since it was on the running deck? The price was great I just couldn't pass it up since it came out less expensive than our deck 3 O.G.

[quote name='Derka']Hello, I just booked a f1 cabin on deck 7. I was wondering how the view was since it was on the running deck? The price was great I just couldn't pass it up since it came out less expensive than our deck 3 O.G.[/quote]

You will have to keep your curtains closed, because anyone walking past will be able to look straight into your room, so sorry.

You will have to keep your curtains closed, because anyone walking past will be able to look straight into your room, so sorry.

In other words the view from the outside is better than the view from the inside. We have had a room here and believe me, you want to keep the curtains closed.:eek:

Hello, I just booked a f1 cabin on deck 7. I was wondering how the view was since it was on the running deck? The price was great I just couldn't pass it up since it came out less expensive than our deck 3 O.G.

I actually liked being on deck 7 last time, I had a cabin near a door to the promenade,(thanks to critterchick), so it was nice to be able to go outside easily. I only closed my curtains at night and while dressing. I liked being able to see out, and people watch.

I took this picture during muster drill, when I went to get my life jacket.

A little weird seeing people outside your window!:rolleyes:

2698613880101628544S425x425Q85.jpg

This is from the promenade looking at my cabin window....

2741718680101628544S425x425Q85.jpg

I don't have a picture of the actual view, but you can see out to the water and the horizon, it's just a bit farther out.

Oh, I just found one, view from deck 7 cabin!

2132345100101628544S500x500Q85.jpg

It doesn't look horrible, and I think anything is an upgrade over the deck three port hole I originally booked especially since it was 20/pp less :) I might just hang onto it and see how things go!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, Thanks for the great information already posted, but I have a few questions I hope you can help with. We are leaving Dec. 15th to Celebrate - my brother receiving his doctorate, my 2nd wedding anniversary and yes my daughters 1st birthday. I am one of those crazy people trying to take a baby on a cruise, and my first cruise at that.

My questions are:

1. We are in 4088 and 4060-told these would be the best rooms for two people who get VERY sea sick. We have requested a crib, but really where does one fit? Will we be crammed in there like sardines? (I have not seen a picture of the room)

2. Has anyone used the Fisher Price playgroups for children 6-36 months? How are they?

3. Any other suggestions you have would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Hi everyone, Thanks for the great information already posted, but I have a few questions I hope you can help with. We are leaving Dec. 15th to Celebrate - my brother receiving his doctorate, my 2nd wedding anniversary and yes my daughters 1st birthday. I am one of those crazy people trying to take a baby on a cruise, and my first cruise at that.

My questions are:

1. We are in 4088 and 4060-told these would be the best rooms for two people who get VERY sea sick. We have requested a crib, but really where does one fit? Will we be crammed in there like sardines? (I have not seen a picture of the room)

2. Has anyone used the Fisher Price playgroups for children 6-36 months? How are they?

3. Any other suggestions you have would be much appreciated.

Thank you

This is what an ocean view stateroom looks like so I unnfortunately a crib would take up most of the floor space. I've stayed in an ocean view on Sovereign & Majesty & they are very tiny, but adequate for a couple of adults.

shp_mn_ov-state_img_305.jpg

Sorry can't answer your question about the Fisher Price playgroups, but I can tell you that my kids liked being in the older kids groups & the councelors were wonderful.

This is what an ocean view stateroom looks like so I unnfortunately a crib would take up most of the floor space. I've stayed in an ocean view on Sovereign & Majesty & they are very tiny, but adequate for a couple of adults.

shp_mn_ov-state_img_305.jpg

If the beds are put together, with the head of the bed against the window, have the cabin attendant take the glass table out, and the crib could fit under the TV (on the right side behind the mirror). The picture below is how our room was laid out, but sorry the area I'm talking about can't be seen....but my wife's suitcase was sitting on the table in the corner with room to walk around it.

039.jpg

Dave

I'm going on a 3 day at the end of the month. Also since the ship has moved coasts I think a new thread should be started (kidding)? Watched them tear SOS apart, used cranes to load stuff into a dozen trucks then off she sailed.

Archived