All things Monarch of the Seas

Hubby and I are sailing on the Monarch May 1 - inside cabin (love that dark room, best sleep ever!), cabin # 3593. Having sailed on the Sovereign and the Majesty, I know that the rooms are on the small side.

Would we be better to keep the beds separate instead of together? The pictures posted Gumballz seem to show this would give us a smidge more room....

Wha do you guys think?

It will seem a bit roomier with the beds apart, but my Hubby would be seriously offended, if we showed up and the beds were apart!:eek::D

Here is an inside cabin, with the beds together.....

2080069580093540873S425x425Q85.jpg

Like I said before, the door to the next room, is between the bed and the vanity.

2213330590101628544S425x425Q85.jpg

Thanks for that! Gonna have to be a different set up tho for us..there will be three in our cabin! all beds separated! Oh my!!

Anyway, that is a much better location that what I had in mind..I figured the cabins were so small the door would have to be in the closet or bathroom!! ( kidding!):eek:

Thanks for that! Gonna have to be a different set up tho for us..there will be three in our cabin! all beds separated! Oh my!!

Anyway, that is a much better location that what I had in mind..I figured the cabins were so small the door would have to be in the closet or bathroom!! ( kidding!):eek:

We had adjoining rooms in August....just happened to be that way, not something we requested. Sorry to disappoint you. With the new beds and bedding, the doors cannot be opened because the bed is longer. We would have liked to open the door. Our room (my daughte and I) had two beds, and the adjoining room had three granddaughters, one in the fold out bunk. All of them are adults, and it was not necessary to have the door open so we could keep a watch on them like you would want with young children.

On a prior cruise we were talking to a couple who had their young granddaughters with them, and they were disappointed that they could not open the door. They were really surprised when they found that situation. Perhaps the travel agents are not aware that the doors cannot be opened.

Have a great time your first boat ride on the Monarch:D

We had adjoining rooms in August....just happened to be that way, not something we requested. Sorry to disappoint you. With the new beds and bedding, the doors cannot be opened because the bed is longer. We would have liked to open the door. Our room (my daughte and I) had two beds, and the adjoining room had three granddaughters, one in the fold out bunk. All of them are adults, and it was not necessary to have the door open so we could keep a watch on them like you would want with young children.

On a prior cruise we were talking to a couple who had their young granddaughters with them, and they were disappointed that they could not open the door. They were really surprised when they found that situation. Perhaps the travel agents are not aware that the doors cannot be opened.

Have a great time your first boat ride on the Monarch:D

Well, while that is a bit of a dissapointment at least we will know who our noisy next door neightbors are :D

Thanks so much, we are all so excited to get on board!!

One more week!

Well, while that is a bit of a dissapointment at least we will know who our noisy next door neightbors are :D

Thanks so much, we are all so excited to get on board!!

One more week!

It seems to me if there are two fold down bunks it would block the door, but if you only need one, and there is only one in the room, wouldn't it be on the oppposite wall of the connecting door? Of course that may just make to much sense for RCI!:eek:

It seems to me if there are two fold down bunks it would block the door, but if you only need one, and there is only one in the room, wouldn't it be on the oppposite wall of the connecting door? Of course that may just make to much sense for RCI!:eek:

That is what I am thinking and since there is only one drop down we may be cool... also, even if the beds are long and in hte way we could still open the doors up for chatting and stuff..right??

I'll just have to try to be diligent and take some pics!

Thanks everyone!

That is what I am thinking and since there is only one drop down we may be cool... also, even if the beds are long and in hte way we could still open the doors up for chatting and stuff..right??

I'll just have to try to be diligent and take some pics!

Thanks everyone!

We just got off the monarch today and we had adjoing rooms with 3 in one and 2 in the other. We could open the door just enough for our 3 year old to go through. If you slide the bed you could maybe slide an adult through.

We just got off the monarch today and we had adjoing rooms with 3 in one and 2 in the other. We could open the door just enough for our 3 year old to go through. If you slide the bed you could maybe slide an adult through.

Details, Details. How does she look after dry dock? How was the food, etc?:D

is it usual for all jr suites to be sold this early (Feb 13 cruise) on this lovely lady?? Just wondering since GS, OS, and SOV cabins are still availible.

It is possible, since it is a smaller ship, and there aren't that many suites.

But if you want one, ask to be put on a waitlist. Usually some will open up before final payment is due.

Details, Details. How does she look after dry dock? How was the food, etc?:D

She was in really good shape for a ship that age. Don't know what she looked liked before dry dock, but The carpet looked new. The food was about the same as Freedom. It was the best service we've ever had. Especially our room attendant who always went the extra mile for our 3 year old. Including hiding candy were only she would find it.

She was in really good shape for a ship that age. Don't know what she looked liked before dry dock, but The carpet looked new. The food was about the same as Freedom. It was the best service we've ever had. Especially our room attendant who always went the extra mile for our 3 year old. Including hiding candy were only she would find it.

We'd love to read a review! Will you write one? Thanks!

Great..thanks so much!!!

I usually re-arrange furniture anyway! LOL

is it usual for all jr suites to be sold this early (Feb 13 cruise) on this lovely lady?? Just wondering since GS, OS, and SOV cabins are still availible.

Yes, at least it was on the Left Coast. The JS cabins are the lowest category where you can get a balcony, and the price difference between them and the GS is usually pretty substantial. But if you waitlist for one, you might be pleasantly surprised.:)

We were on her 11/14. I agree. The service was excellent. There also appeared to be new tile in the main public area bathrooms. They were taking lots of carpet off at Nassau. We really enjoyed the food. I never saw anyone with soft serve, which is on some of the other ships.

1-Are the doors on the Monarch metal? We are making signs for our doors and wondered what was the best way to attach them.

2- We arrive back to port at 6:30am, and my daughter(1yr) does not wake up until 7:00, then we need to get her dressed and fed. What is the schedule for the morning? Do we have to start getting off the boat at 6:30, or can we take a little time and start getting off around 7:30 or 8? I know there are crazy long lines to get off, and standing in a line at 6:30 with a sleepy baby is not fun for anyone. So any suggestions or info would be great.

progress.gif

1-Are the doors on the Monarch metal? We are making signs for our doors and wondered what was the best way to attach them.

2- We arrive back to port at 6:30am, and my daughter(1yr) does not wake up until 7:00, then we need to get her dressed and fed. What is the schedule for the morning? Do we have to start getting off the boat at 6:30, or can we take a little time and start getting off around 7:30 or 8? I know there are crazy long lines to get off, and standing in a line at 6:30 with a sleepy baby is not fun for anyone. So any suggestions or info would be great.

progress.gif

The color of your luggage tags determine the earliest you can leave. The asst. Customer Service manager told us that we needed to be out of the cabin at 8, but could stay and have breakfast in the dining room and depart whenever we wanted.

I can't help with the doors, but on disembarkation day you don't have to line up early unless you're in a hurry to leave. The dining room and Windjammer are open for breakfast, so take your time.

Also, in Los Angeles you don't need to go through a full immigration check if you're a US citizen on a round trip cruise. Once your tags are called you just walk off, collect your luggage, hand in your customs declaration for and off you go. It's brilliant. I don't know how many ports do that, though.

Archived