All things Monarch of the Seas

1) Can't tell now which terminal. We are driving there next Friday after a Disney vacation. Can tell you than.

2) We were deck 4 inside. No problems

3) No mini fridge. You can request one if for meds? Contact special_needs@rccl.com

DH needed an extension cord and distilled water for Cpap. They confirmed it would be there.

4)You can self debark. They say one piece per person. You must be able to handle it yourself. It is real easy.

Hi! We just booked 4 night out of Port Canaveral. I was really happy to find a board dedicated to the Monarch as Im trying to get as much info as possible. This is our 5th cruise (3rd on RCCL) and it will be the smallest ship by far we've been on. The price and timing couldnt be beat and we're looking forward to getting out of the snow for a while!

I tried to find some specific info here but it was a little overwhelming and I thought it might be easier to post my questions and see if anyone had any helpful info. Thanks in advance! :D

1) Which terminal at Port Canaveral does she dock? Terminal 10 with Parking garage right across for it (15.00 per day)

2) Is anyone familiar with the inside cabins on deck 4? (noise, traffic, motion, etc) Noise around the inside cabin should be at a minimal due to above deck are cabin also, and away from the atrium. Also all room on deck 4 is toward the middle and front of the ship, not much motion with calm sea, however the dining room and the theater could feel the motion due to engine and rough sea.

3) Is there a mini fridge in the rooms (need to store medication) Fridge comes in Superior oceanview and above, but might able to get one by contacting royal caribbean for medication purpose.

4) Can we self assist for debarkation? Yes, there is an express debarkation, usually among the first group, but you have to carry your own luggage off the ship.

Hope this help, and safe travel.

Ok, I have a question for you guy's. We are on Deck 9 in the middle of the ship.. The pictures on the site show deck 9 cabins oh Superior Ocean View. Sorry, I left that out. Anyway the pictures show a couch. But when I asked the RC representive she said no, no couch.. Now I am reading some more about the ship and it said Deck 9 on monarch of the seas SO has refrigerator's in there rooms with floor to ceiling windows..

How much of this infor. is right and I was told that our room had 50% blocked view. So will we be able to see the water..

Almost time, I can't wait to go on this ship.. Yeah Yeah:D

Thanks

Carey

just got off....check out my review....LOTS of pix including deck 9 SO cabins....yes they have a mini-frig, couch and safe but no floor to ceiling windows....about a 3' oval window....yes you could see the ocean perfectly.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=900365

We just got off the monarch today and we had adjoing rooms with 3 in one and 2 in the other. We could open the door just enough for our 3 year old to go through. If you slide the bed you could maybe slide an adult through.

I'm glad I saw this.. I was thinking of booking 2 interior adjoining rooms for 3 of us - (put DH and I in one room, leave door open and have dd sleep in the other room). From what I'm reading, I can't do this??? Is there anyway to arrange the beds so the door can be left open?? (my dd is 5)

THanks

I'm glad I saw this.. I was thinking of booking 2 interior adjoining rooms for 3 of us - (put DH and I in one room, leave door open and have dd sleep in the other room). From what I'm reading, I can't do this??? Is there anyway to arrange the beds so the door can be left open?? (my dd is 5)

THanks

What you are talking about is "connecting" rooms(where there is a door between the rooms)....we had adjoining rooms....meaning right next to each other but no door connecting between them. Sorry I can't help you as I did not see any rooms that were "connecting". I would have to assume that connecting rooms would be very tight with a door between them since rooms on this ship are tight to begin with.

THanks

We had connecting rooms for us & our sons. It WAS quite tight, we had to push on the door, which in turn shoved my son's bed out of the way, so we could get into their cabin. If you are only putting one child in there, just arrange for the beds to be together and that will solve that problem. You will then be able to leave the door open all the time.

We had connecting rooms for us & our sons. It WAS quite tight, we had to push on the door, which in turn shoved my son's bed out of the way, so we could get into their cabin. If you are only putting one child in there, just arrange for the beds to be together and that will solve that problem. You will then be able to leave the door open all the time.

Connecting rooms - yes this is what I want. I will still have to pay single surcharge but I think the extra space will be worth it.

3 adults in one room? how bad is it to get into the bunK/ Will it fit/hold an average size adult?

or is there room on the floor to move mattress at night and back thru the day?

We are in a OV cabin Deck 5.

Sounded great until I am seeing pictures !! :eek:

3 adults in one room? how bad is it to get into the bunK/ Will it fit/hold an average size adult?

There is a ladder to climb into the bunk with that your room steward will put out at night. My sisters & I had an OV room with a bunk & I guess it depended on who was sober enough to climb into the bunk that ended up sleeping there. LOL But it does a hold a regular sized adult. I think the limit was appx. 220lbs. I imagine you could put the mattress on the floor but it would be a tight squeeze.

I personally would not even consider 3 adults in a cabin on the Monarch - unless you went for a JS...it's your call, but a standard cabin would be very cramped imho.

I agree w/ Brit, three in a OV cabin on Monarch is tight (122 sq ft). DW, DD and I were in an OV (deck six) last June, and while the pullman will easily hold an average adult, the pullman did not seem very secure. It shook everytime the passenger next door tossed or turned on the pullman in their cabin which shared the same wall. My DD ended up using the pullman mattress on the floor which made navigating to the restroom at night somewhat challenging:D. Even during daytime use the cabin was pretty snug with three people manuevering in it. For three nights it was barely manageable; however I would not even consider it for anything longer than that. I would suggest a JS or a second 'connecting' room if possible.

We are going on a 3 nighter so I guess we will try to fit. I have tried to get other family members to go but no luck. I really don't want to book another cabin and pay more on top of the flight for such a short time. If I were going for any longer I would spring for the extra room.

At least it will be "all in the family!" :p

Thanks again!

We are going on a 3 nighter so I guess we will try to fit. I have tried to get other family members to go but no luck. I really don't want to book another cabin and pay more on top of the flight for such a short time. If I were going for any longer I would spring for the extra room.

At least it will be "all in the family!" :p

Thanks again!

Your welcome and have a great cruise!!:D For three nights you will manage - besides who wants to be in the cabin all day (or night:cool:) long - 'Get out there!":D

Quick question - my friends and I are booked for a 4 night Monarch cruise and were trying to figure out when formal night is (i.e. what port we will be in) so we know whether or not to pack formal clothes. Anybody know? Our first stop is Coco Cay and our second stop is Nassau. Thanks!

Formal night for the 4 nighter was Tuesday (Coco Cay day).

We had three people (me, DW and DD-17) in a deck 7 OV. Yes, it's small but we had no problems with the pullman bed. Very secure. I opened and shut it to check. We had pretty calm seas though. One thing we decided to do was to keep our twin beds apart for more space. Ours was incorrectly set up but when we looked at my daughters room with the bed together (down the hall) we reluctently decided to keep them apart. Since it was only for four nights we tried it!:(

Great cruise. Super crew. Will post compass' and other things soon.

We're heading out on the Monarch Monday morning (woo hoo!). It will be our first cruise and I just wanted to say thanks for all the helpful posts in this thread.

You guys have really helped me get aquainted with the ship and cruising in general. I feel much better prepared than just a few days ago. We'll be on deck 9 and thanks to this thread I already know what things will look like. What a great resource.

About the formal night. The schedule our group gave us said that formal night would be Thursday. I'm guessing that they would like to keep the ship's schedule consistent from week to week so we must have gotten bad data (or does it change)? I'll let you know what happens. :)

Peace,

Uncle D

Archived