All things Monarch of the Seas

Does anyone what is the latest time you can get off this ship and the earliest you can board? Don't want to carry luggage around.

When we went on the SOS we were on by 11:30am.

We boarded last Monday at 11:35 am. We left the ship around 9am. They are pretty adament about being out of your cabin by 8am. When we got to the luggage area there were hardly any bags left!

We're heading out on the Monarch Monday morning (woo hoo!). It will be our first cruise and I just wanted to say thanks for all the helpful posts in this thread.

You guys have really helped me get aquainted with the ship and cruising in general. I feel much better prepared than just a few days ago. We'll be on deck 9 and thanks to this thread I already know what things will look like. What a great resource.

About the formal night. The schedule our group gave us said that formal night would be Thursday. I'm guessing that they would like to keep the ship's schedule consistent from week to week so we must have gotten bad data (or does it change)? I'll let you know what happens. :)

Peace,

Uncle D

You're welcome! Everything I read before our cruise said formal night was going to be the second day of the cruise. I can't imagine formal night being Thursday because, if you think about it, they take thousands of photos on formal night -- by far the busiest night -- and they have to have time to print and post them for sale the next day. They wouldn't be able to do it with formal night on Thursday. I'll bet you received some bad info. The Monarch was great. I just posted the first part of my review on another thread. Check it out. Have a great trip. We did!

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to reply to the 3 adults in a cabin/connecting cabins...

We had cabins 8518 and 8516 with a door in between. There were 3 adults in cabin 8518 ( pullman) and 2 in cabin 8516 ( no pullman). We had our most wonderful cabin stewardess Sharron arrange the lower beds in an "L" shape pattern in each cabin. When we opened the doors we had a huge living space in between, it worked out perfectly :)

Looked like a 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo!

Woo I just sent the last 2 days reading this entire thread. I had posted months ago but could not remember anything I had read and to be honest can not now. lol

I do have a few questions and/or comments.

1. Does the Monarch still have Serronto Pizza?
  2. Jade in the Winjammer not Jade Sushi what are the hours?
  3. Jade Sushi can some one tell me an idea of pricing?
  4. Is it worth the extra price to enjoy Jade Sushi?
  5. Are you assigned diningrooms by the deck your room is located on?
  6. On a 3 day cruise do they have breakfast and/or lunch in the diningroom?
  7. I read that they do not offer free ice cream and/or frozen yogurt 24 hours, is this true?
  8. Early Disembarkment, I read a lot about it but, unless I over looked it, what time does it start now that the Monarch is in PC?
  9. The last time we were on RCI we were given a C & A coupon book per person that was a C & A memeber. Does RCI still give one per member or is it one per cabin now?

Oh edit to add one more question.

What are the wine package prices? I know they use to have a few different levels.

Woo I just sent the last 2 days reading this entire thread. I had posted months ago but could not remember anything I had read and to be honest can not now. lol

I do have a few questions and/or comments.

1. Does the Monarch still have Serronto Pizza? - Yes
  2. Jade in the Winjammer not Jade Sushi what are the hours? - in Windjammer Anytime the rest of windjammer is open, Jade upstairs nightly 7-11pm
  3. Jade Sushi can some one tell me an idea of pricing? - Prices start at about 3 bucks up to about 15 bucks depending on what you want,...I just got back from the monarch,....give me a few days to find the menu photos I took in Jade, and I'll post them here
  4. Is it worth the extra price to enjoy Jade Sushi? - Don't know, I didn't try it, just went up to snap a few pictures.
  5. Are you assigned diningrooms by the deck your room is located on? - Not sure, But I assumed it was more Forward Rooms - 3'rd Floor, Aft Rooms 4'th floor Dining, but I could be wrong about this one.
  6. On a 3 day cruise do they have breakfast and/or lunch in the diningroom?, Yes Breakfast Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, Lunch in Main Dining Room Friday (not sure about Saturday, because I was enjoying Coco-Cay.)
  7. I read that they do not offer free ice cream and/or frozen yogurt 24 hours, is this true? - True, no free soft serve machine, but is offered at lunch in windjammer daily, or evening meals in Dining rooms.
  8. Early Disembarkment, I read a lot about it but, unless I over looked it, what time does it start now that the Monarch is in PC? - on my sailing it started at 7:30am,.....but even if you wait for you're colors to be called, thay had everybody off the ship by 8:45am anyway.
  9. The last time we were on RCI we were given a C & A coupon book per person that was a C & A memeber. Does RCI still give one per member or is it one per cabin now? - Just one per cabin on my Saling a week ago. (we had two rooms ((4-people/2 Cabins)), and just one book in each one.)

Oh edit to add one more question.

What are the wine package prices? I know they use to have a few different levels.

- I don't know the answer , but try the main RCI website , its on there somewhere under "Cruise Add-ons and Enhancements" or something like that.

Thanks dreadpirate3. That helps a lot. I did read that they have ice cream available with toppings in Windjammer for specific hours. My DH loves to have his ice cream on a cruise. lol I refuse to pay for it at Ben & Jerry's but I am not an ice cream eater.

[quote name='m4hami']Is there any ice cream available on the Monarch? If so where and what times? :D[/quote]

I know you can buy ice cream at Ben & Jerry's. The verdict is still out about ice cream in Windjammers for specific times.

we were on the monarch in california
and are going to sail again in 3 weeks.

There was ice cream for dessert some nights
and my kids were able to order it after lunch in the dining room.
The monarch does not have a self serve ice cream machine.
they want you to purchase ice cream from ben and jerrys
hope that helps

Since this thread is 67 pages long I am going to write down what I can remember I have read. Please lets copy and paste and add as we go. I know I will forget a lot and forget to include that. Please just copy and paste and then add what is forgotten.

I know they do NOT have an ice cream/yogurt machine

You can buy ice cream at Ben & Jerry's for a fee

You can order ice cream in the diningroom in the evenings and sometimes for lunch.

Serrentos is upstairs in the Windjammer deck 12 in front of Jade Sushi

Jade/Sushi (not to be confused with Jade Sushi Restaruant) is offer in the evening in the Windjammer on deck 11 & deck 12 (according to RCI deck plans)

Jade Sushi is offered by menu with a fee per what you order (same as restaruants) and it is located upstairs in the Windjammer

There is a "secret" aft balcony with about 8-9 lounges

Monarch Deck 8- minimally obstructed views (Between lifeboats)
8008 8508
8030 8530
8032 8532
8034 8534
8036 8536
8038 8538
8048 8548
8050 8550
8060 8560
8072 8572
8084 8584
8096 8596