All things Monarch of the Seas

I put all three parts in one post. Pull up a comfortable chair and come along..

Nice review; you guys packed a lot of fun into a few days.

We just cruised on the Monarch (august 17 - 21) and had a fantastic time as well.

except for the jellyfish which decided to take over coco cay :(

Does anyone know which pool is for adults and which for kids? I got run out by the kids in both telling me that the other one was for adults.:eek: They are in the same area divided by a hot tub area. Aft or Fwd? Thx!!

There is not an adult pool on the Monarch. Both pools are beside of each other with the hottubs between them.

On which deck do you board?

Deck 4, I believe.

It is deck four.

It really is an easy ship to navigate. You just remember that deck 6 is only half of a deck. My DD just kept on getting confused and would say the things on deck 5 were on deck 6.

There is not an adult pool on the Monarch. Both pools are beside of each other with the hottubs between them.

Actually, the aft pool is where the kids are supposed to be(adults too) and the forward one is supposed to be just for adults.............not sure if they enforce it.........

Actually, the aft pool is where the kids are supposed to be(adults too) and the forward one is supposed to be just for adults.............not sure if they enforce it.........

They don't really enforce anything...it can get to be a madhouse by the pools and hottubs.

Really? I have never seen an signage that indicates either pool is for one group or the other. Are you sure your not thinking about a ship that has a solarium? The Monarch's pool area is all together and I have yet to see I can go in one or the other, am I missing some sign and don't know it? It has no solarium like other ships. It's two pools only separated only by two hot tubs.

BonVoyage

Dawna

check out this cruise compass I found....says it right on it..Guests 18 and over.......about halfway down on the left side(FORWARD POOL)

and no,I am not confusing the ships............I know the MN pretty well:)

2595273410105289085S600x600Q85.jpg

Kathy, I never saw it enforced. lol That is why I did not think they had an adult pool. Kids were in both pools both of the cruises we were on. I sure wish they had enforced it though.

check out this cruise compass I found....says it right on it..Guests 18 and over.......about halfway down on the left side(FORWARD POOL)

and no,I am not confusing the ships............I know the MN pretty well:)

2595273410105289085S600x600Q85.jpg

Kathy I am glad you found this. Maybe more people will read it and respect the fact one of the pools is suppose to be for adults only.

actually, the sign by the pool says it too.............NOT that it matters.....:rolleyes:

You know I have to admit I never saw that but I do not doubt it for a minute. That is one thing Disney does right. They make sure no kids are in the adult area. When we were on the Freedom they were really good about it as well. Oh and so was the Pride.

My 5 sisters and sister in-laws will be on the monarch Nov. 13th. I am the only one who has ever cruised before. All 5 cruises I've been on, I have stayed on deck 6 or higher. Sisters all wanted to go as cheap as possible so we will be in 2 cabins #2563 & 2565. They obviously have nothing to compare it to, so should be fine wherever we stay. I'm a little nervous being down so low and also in an interior room. (usually stay in a suite)

I know the rooms are much smaller, am totally fine with that. Just not sure how I feel about almost being "under the ocean"!!! Anybody have any insight or comments about cabins on deck 2? Would love any and all info...

You will be just fine. The only time you go to the room is to change or to sleep or at least that is our case. We have been all the way from deck 2 to deck 8 and the only difference is that you could have more motion on the higher deck. I would recommend the lower deck to the ones who have never cruised before. Usually to the Bahama's there is not much motion. Have them carry along Bonine for the days at sea just in case. An inside cabin beats a day at home anyday. Go and have fun!!!!! They will be hooked I am sure.

I'm not getting much help with this question in a separate thread, so I thought I'd try here as well.

We are looking forward to trying MTD on Monarch next week, but we also like to attend the shows.

Can someone who's sailed on Monarch (four-day) recently give me the times for the nightly shows, so we can make our dinner reservations accordingly?

I can't find a scanned Compass anywhere that's readable. If someone can point me to a readable copy of the Compasses, that would work , too.

Thanks!

I'm not getting much help with this question in a separate thread, so I thought I'd try here as well.

We are looking forward to trying MTD on Monarch next week, but we also like to attend the shows.

Can someone who's sailed on Monarch (four-day) recently give me the times for the nightly shows, so we can make our dinner reservations accordingly?

I can't find a scanned Compass anywhere that's readable. If someone can point me to a readable copy of the Compasses, that would work , too.

Thanks!

Day 1... The Comedy of Dan Wilson 1 show only..7:45 p.m.

Day 2 ...Royal Caribbean /singers and Dancers in Signed sealed and delivered

show times 9:p.m and 11p.m.

Day 3... Comedy and Magic of Levent 1 show only 7:45 p.m.

Day 4... Royal Caribbean singers and dancers in You cant stop the beat

show times 7 pm and 9pm

Late night adult comedy with Dan Wilson 11pm

Hope that helps....

Archived