All things Monarch of the Seas

I hate to be thinking about getting off the ship before I even get on... but I have a 3pm flight after my 4day Monarch cruise next month. It seems like not enough time to do KSC before heading to Orlando, but too early to go straight to the airport. Or am I wrong?

How early can I get off the ship to do a whirlwind trip to the Space Center. And does anyone recommend a shuttle service to take me (and family) and hold my luggage?

Or, how late can I get off the ship? The idea of a leisurely breakfast on the ship and being the last one off is appealing, too.

Or, do you recommend something else? I considered the ship's airboat excursion, but heard it's loud and I am afraid my kid won't like it.

Hi B&P!!!

Well... it depends on how bad you want to do those excutsions...

An excursion would be do-able, but I think its too close for comfort.

If your flight departs at 15:00, you need to be at MCO at 14:00 at least. This requires you to leave the Cape at no later than 13:00. (Cutting it this close, you should pray nothing goes wrong en route).

You will have about 4 hours to do an excursion.

Yes it can be done... but I will rather go with this option:

"Or, how late can I get off the ship? The idea of a leisurely breakfast on the ship and being the last one off is appealing, too."

If I remember correctly, you can get off the ship at 09:30.

:)

I hate to be thinking about getting off the ship before I even get on... but I have a 3pm flight after my 4day Monarch cruise next month. It seems like not enough time to do KSC before heading to Orlando, but too early to go straight to the airport. Or am I wrong?

How early can I get off the ship to do a whirlwind trip to the Space Center. And does anyone recommend a shuttle service to take me (and family) and hold my luggage?

Or, how late can I get off the ship? The idea of a leisurely breakfast on the ship and being the last one off is appealing, too.

Or, do you recommend something else? I considered the ship's airboat excursion, but heard it's loud and I am afraid my kid won't like it.

You can get off the ship early...........around 7:30-8am..........but then you need to be at MCO by 1ish,right??

If I were you,I would definitely use the RCCL excursion.......by loud, they probably meant the IMAX movie.....and if that would bother your kid,skip it......even though its part of the whole experience...........

You wouldn't have to worry about a shuttle service taking you to KSC then coming back and taking you to MCO.......not sure they even do that ,but check out the Cocoa Beach Shuttle.........they seem to be the one to deal with..................

Hey Philip............any more videos coming???? You know I loved the first one.............

Hi Luvnick.

Monarch has not beein in a dry dock since you last cruised on her. But do not let that bother you. Royal Caribbean is taking good care of her. Here is a video I shot onboard her in July, hope it helps a bit.

The weather in November is not bad at all. November can still produce some hot and sunny days. The main difference is that there is less humidity which is not really a bad thing.

Have a great cruise on Monarch, she's a classic.

Thank you Phillip for all the info and the video is amazing.:)

I totally agree...

Nestor is a Super Executive Chef, doing wonders on the Monarch.

My husband and I just did a 4 day on Monarch and were fortunate to be asked to go on a kitchen tour led by Chef Nestor. What a delightful gentleman. You would not believe the tiny area where ALL the breads onboard are made. Everything is made from scratch. Great breads. Ask for a cheese plate at dinner.

We feel the food in the dining room was very good this trip. The dining staff was exceptional on deck 4 Claude's Dining Room, waiter Sunil and his assistant Boney. We changed to My Time Dining when we were assigned late seating due to booking the very last minute.

My husband and I just did a 4 day on Monarch and were fortunate to be asked to go on a kitchen tour led by Chef Nestor. What a delightful gentleman. You would not believe the tiny area where ALL the breads onboard are made. Everything is made from scratch. Great breads. Ask for a cheese plate at dinner.

We feel the food in the dining room was very good this trip. The dining staff was exceptional on deck 4 Claude's Dining Room, waiter Sunil and his assistant Boney. We changed to My Time Dining when we were assigned late seating due to booking the very last minute.

Hi Carol, I could'nt agree more.

I enjoyed his company. He is a gentleman and very professional.

Just took advantage of the WOW sale and booked another 4day on the Monarch for next year. Might book a 3 day tomorrow to make it a B2B. Anyway, I usually look for midship rooms and I like when I only have 1 neighbor. I was booking my 4day and I noticed the same room I had last month was available so I reserved it. I also noticed rooms 3001 and 4001 were available. They caught my eye because they don't have neighbors on either side. However they are all the way at one end of the ship. Anyone ever had these rooms? We are not easily seasick, but if there waters are a little choppy I might get a little sick. I've always gone with midship just to be safe, but is it really that big of a difference?

I didn't even think about the anchor! Thanks for bringing that up!

I went ahead and booked a 3 day before the 4 day - my first B2B!!!

I got a guarantee cabin on the 3 day and I reserved #2123 (same cabin we just had).

We have 2123 for the 19th. Did you enjoy that room? Is it a good location?

We enjoyed our B2B on the Monarch this past Sept. so much that we just booked a B2B2B for next Sept. The room rates for deck 9 outside were almost as low the inside rooms. We are hoping the same thing happens next Sept. so we booked 9544 again. Don't want to wish our life away, but wish tomorrow was 9-13-2010:rolleyes::D.

Tom and Diana

We have 2123 for the 19th. Did you enjoy that room? Is it a good location?

I personally liked it because we only had one neighbor and it was quiet as well. I'm glad I was able to get it again for our 4 day...now to try and get it for the 3 day so that we hopefully don't have to pack up our luggage and things for the 2nd part of our B2B.

Please bear with me, I'm sure this information is someone on these forums, but even using the search option is difficult with so many posts.

Can I call prior to boarding and make reservations for the first evening onboard---or does it have to be done when we arrive? I think I've seen an 800 number someone...anyone have it at hand?

Can we make reservations for the entire four night cruise at the same time, or does it have to be done on a daily basis?

Is it possible to get a table for two on a regular basis?

Thanks in advance.

Archived