All things Monarch of the Seas

Any update on that CocoCay video :D

Hi Tom,

Thank you for the interest.

I'm currently editing all over the show and working 7 days a week non-stop.

Things are really tuff at the moment but believe me It is high on my priority list to get that video done and make it available online.

Sorry that it won't be available before you cruise. I hope that it will serve as a reminder to Coco Cay when you return though.

Thanks

:o

Lynda,

You can walk all around the ship on deck seven. Bear in mind that you are walking on the ceiling of deck six outside cabins. That's why you will see signs that ask you not to jog or power walk before 10AM.

Tom

We will be sailing on the Monarch (Our first cruise) 11/23. We booked a oceanview and got room 2026. Would like to be higher, but I'm sure it will work just fine.

We are looking forward to it and have started our countdown :)

I sailed the Monarch in September and was on deck 2 as well. I thought I would be disappointed with the location, but actually was quite pleased. The views of the water are great because you are so close to it. I hope you guys enjoy it as much as we did, have a great time!!!!!

I never found/heard of anyone with that name either. And as for the times you weren't supposed to run...I feel like the sign said from 10pm-10am. I saw the sign every day because i'm pretty sure I made many laps around that ship just walking.

Also..I kept our compasses from everyday (i think) I plan on scanning them if anyone is interested. I think two of them no longer have the day schedule attached as my bf thought it would be a good idea to carry it around with him. I saved the other two from this sad fate. If anyone is interested please harass me about scanning them so I'll do it and then I can send out the files to whoever wants them. Otherwise I might forget!

I would love to have a copy of the compasses sent to me. My email is: bohica22000@yahoo.com. We are cruising in December.

Thanks so much in advance!

Chris from FLA

This may have been discussed previously but I do not have time to look through all the posts so please forgive me.

We are sailing Christmas with our children and decided to book connecting cabins to have the extra room because the cabins are so small, my question is can the connecting door be left open? We are in an F1 on deck 6 if this makes any differnce.

Thank you

Planning to book a B-day weekend cruise in January. Where would be the best place to try to get an OV cabin? I see deck 7 has views of people walking by, so that's out, and deck 6 has people walking above, also not my favorite idea... Anything else to avoid or where to recommend?

are there Balcony rooms on Monarch? I can't tell if there aren't any or if they're just already sold out for my cruise.

thanks!

There are no balcony rooms other than the Junior Suites that have balconies. Decks 8 & 9 have fine OV rooms. The ones on deck 8 say they are obstructed but they really are not - there are life boats avove them.

Actually have stayed in an OV on almost every deck but 6&7 and they were all fine. Happy sailing!!:)

best OV(besides the larger ones on deck 9) are deck 8...the cheapest and not all cabins are obstructed...........even those that are,are not bad at all.....

The MN suites are the only ones with balconies.....

heres deck 8 deck plans.....the one with the dots are not obtructed..

2744539470042692775S600x600Q85.jpg

Not bad an obstruction at all.................as you look out the window,you will see the top of the lifeboats right below you.............

the cabins marked with dots are between lifeboats,so you're best bet would be really any of the ones you picked.........I personally would prefer 9036(in fact had that one a couple of months ago) cuz you only have one neighbor.

Is there a themed night on the 3 day cruise on Monarch? I'd love to have 70s or 80s garb packed if there will be a themed night...

thanks!

On the first night, they do have 70s Dance Party in the centrum........the cd staff all dress up for it and EVERYONE dances.......its a lot of fun

Is there a themed night on the 3 day cruise on Monarch? I'd love to have 70s or 80s garb packed if there will be a themed night...

thanks!

Midnigth buffet, then party with cd staff and later dancing with a DJ (forgot his name) all at the pool deck ending around 2:30 to 3:00 AM --its Caribbean night lots of fun. (I was on the 4 nigth cruise)

Midnigth buffet, party with cd staff and dancing under the stars with a DJ all at the pool deck ending around 2:30 to 3:00 AM --Caribbean night lots of fun. (I was on the 4 nigth cruise)

Its on the 2nd night on the 3 nighter..........

Archived