All things Monarch of the Seas

Just booked my 2nd monarch cruise. Picked room 3600, i know the service desk is over it on deck 4, but other than that do you think its good?

Wow, I was just in 3600. :) I never had any noise (or odor) issues other the normal ship creaking. I liked its convenience to the Centrum and the elevators, though I normally took the stairs since the elevators are slow. I would gladly go back into room 3600 again!

We will be taking our first cruise on the Monarch in March. We have a quick question...

Our itinerary indicates that we arrive in Nassau at 7:00am. We have scheduled a dolphin swim for 8:30. Will we have enough time to get off the ship and get a ride over to the Paradise Island Ferry Terminal by 8:00 (I believe we have to be there 30 minutes early)?

Thanks a bunch!

Sherry :)

I'm not 100% sure but I hope someone will help! When I went to Stuart's Cove which is on the otherside of the port I made it in a half hour. The driver I think was a fighter pilot. He drove crazy FAST. So I think you should be ok. You may want to take a taxi. Don't overpay for cabs. Look around on the board for the cost of a cab if you choose to take that route. Have Fun I did. ps all the shops close around 5:00pm. For some reason I thought they would be open 24/7 like Wal-mart =0) hope this helps!

I'm not 100% sure but I hope someone will help! When I went to Stuart's Cove which is on the otherside of the port I made it in a half hour. The driver I think was a fighter pilot. He drove crazy FAST. So I think you should be ok. You may want to take a taxi. Don't overpay for cabs. Look around on the board for the cost of a cab if you choose to take that route. Have Fun I did. ps all the shops close around 5:00pm. For some reason I thought they would be open 24/7 like Wal-mart =0) hope this helps!

Part of the problem is that we have seven in our group, four of which are children. I'm curious to know how long it might take to get off the ship, then to find a taxi or shuttle to take us to the Paradise Island Ferry.

Thanks again! (... and ... one way or the other we're sure to have fun!) :)

Once off ship taxis are right out side gate .5 min walk according where ship is docked.20 to 30 min cab(VAN) ride to Atlantis .If you get all clear before 730 no problem.Coming back takes a little longer because of traffic and security getting back out to ship

What time are you supposed to be off the ship on the last day? Are you allowed to have breakfast before debarking or do they want everyone off the minute they dock?

We're getting a shuttle, we dock at 7:00am, so I'm wondering what time I should ask the shuttle service to be there.

Thanks a bunch!

What time are you supposed to be off the ship on the last day? Are you allowed to have breakfast before debarking or do they want everyone off the minute they dock?

We're getting a shuttle, we dock at 7:00am, so I'm wondering what time I should ask the shuttle service to be there.

Thanks a bunch!

The dining room is normally open from 6:30 to 8 am, and the Windjammer to 8:30 am. Disembarkation starts around 8 am with the do-it-yourselfers first, and the last groups scheduled around 9:30 am. But those times can change depending on clearance of the ship.

My wife and I are looking at taking two cruises on the Monarch this year. Any advice on how to make the most out of our experience? We've done this trip three times already and are looking for some different things to do.

What's the best area of the ship to book an OV room?

Also, where's a good place to have lunch in Nassau?

We're booked on the Jan 18 2010 sailing of the Monarch and would like to know if any of you have any comments on cabin #6530?

Thanks

Anyone have any comments / thoughts on cabin 6508 on the Monarch? My wife and I are booked in that cabin. Thanks!

cant read every post sure info is here BUT how long of drive from orlando airport to port canaveral. and or from jax air

Probably also already asked/answered :o but what is the easiest/least expensive way to travel from Orlando airport to the Port? I've heard one-way car rentals that you drop at the port, but how convenient is that, and are there any good deals to be found?

My wife and I are looking at taking two cruises on the Monarch this year. Any advice on how to make the most out of our experience? We've done this trip three times already and are looking for some different things to do.

What's the best area of the ship to book an OV room?

Also, where's a good place to have lunch in Nassau?

The best area to book an OV room would have to be deck 10 because they're balconies. Decks 8 & 9 are obstructed view rooms.

The BEST place to have lunch in Nassau would have to be on the ship;)

Hello Fellow cruisers! We are leaving on the 22-26 of Feb for our cruise and are wondering, what is currently on the menu? I am not a seafood type, but my wife loves it. I am more of a red meat and taters kind of guy, but I have decided I am gonna test my taste buds on this cruise. Normally I do not try new things, but the cruise is a new thing so I am gonna bite the bullet.

Help a fella out?

Check out page 90 of this thread and you'll find the menu for the 3 day cruise!

Awhile ago I came across some 3-Nighter Compasses on CC. Here is a link to the thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=892880&highlight=monarch+compasses

They are from about a year ago, so I'm not sure what all has changed.

I'll be sure to check out these compass copies for the three-day cruise, but I was wondering if anyone back recently has a more-recent copy, in case things might have changed?

The dining room is normally open from 6:30 to 8 am, and the Windjammer to 8:30 am. Disembarkation starts around 8 am with the do-it-yourselfers first, and the last groups scheduled around 9:30 am. But those times can change depending on clearance of the ship.

Thank you!!! :)

Probably also already asked/answered :o but what is the easiest/least expensive way to travel from Orlando airport to the Port? I've heard one-way car rentals that you drop at the port, but how convenient is that, and are there any good deals to be found?

Just got back from a four day cruise on the Monarch - great cruise! We always do the one way rentals - very easy. Budget was $58 including tax from MCO. Dropped the car off and were the only ones on the shuttle, which takes five minutes to get to the port. We used Avis coming back for $48 including tax. Was off the ship at 8:00 AM and again were the only ones on the shuttle. Takes appox. 45-60 minutes to MCO, I made it in 40 minutes.

Archived