All things Monarch of the Seas

I've been on the Monarch. :) We're taking another one on the Monarch this December. Now you've got me on a mission. I'm going to go dig up my pictures, if I can find them.

How many of you were there on your previous Monarch Cruises? There is going to be 3 ladies in once oceanview cabin???? From other comments we may be mad!!!! Am trying desperately to upgrade to balcony? Am used of other bigger ships?? Do you have any pictures of the cabins!? Many thanks....

IrishGirl, the regular OV cabins are tiny. 2 people would have a hard time getting ready at the same time. But it is doable. Cat. SO is much bigger, but according to the deck plan, there is an SO with 3 beds. Anybody had one?

I will post some photos of cabin insides below.

Here are photos of a category G cabin. All OV cabins up to and including F1 are the same, except that higher categories get windows instead of port holes. The beds can be set at right angles (see the bolster on the right hand wall?), and I guess the third bed would be above the one on the side.

CatG-1.jpg.ea9e7927f40fe35c3fdd3629dcb3a09e.jpg

CatG-2.jpg.90532c7b7d21ec79a694e7bcf98d822b.jpg

CatG-3.jpg.d999f9e0f8a42d2b908c5a1645cdb106.jpg

CatG-4.jpg.444b20164e4d594cfafb9a9583aa56df.jpg

Here are photos of a Superior Oceanview cabin. As mentioned above, I don't think they come with beds for 3rd passengers.

OMG Susan, those rooms are tiny! We're best friends going but could be the opposite coming home!!! I would love to upgrade to a suite but its costs a hell of alot and to get from Ireland to Florida is very expensie so the whole trip could turn out very expensive!! Oh what to do what to do?? Will keep searching for suite prices to come down i think??

Here in the US, the Monarch often has quite good deals for solo travelers, i.e. one person per cabin. If the suites don't come down in price, you could look at getting 2 cabins instead of one.

On the other hand, you might have a lot of fun sharing one of these tiny cabins with your 2 best friends. I have been on road trips with 3 girl friends, and we always shared one motel room, which means we even had to share beds. Just bring your sense of humor and some patience, and you'll be fine. Setting up some ground rules about bathroom times and such wouldn't hurt, either.;)

Here in the US, the Monarch often has quite good deals for solo travelers, i.e. one person per cabin. If the suites don't come down in price, you could look at getting 2 cabins instead of one.

On the other hand, you might have a lot of fun sharing one of these tiny cabins with your 2 best friends. I have been on road trips with 3 girl friends, and we always shared one motel room, which means we even had to share beds. Just bring your sense of humor and some patience, and you'll be fine. Setting up some ground rules about bathroom times and such wouldn't hurt, either.;)

I suppose i could get ready up on the bunk and let the two girls fight over the "ground floor" space! I never thought of pricing a one person cabin, the cabin we have received is a connecting cabin on deck 8 (which we didnt want!!) dont really like the thought of hearing our neighbours, but we could look into seeing if the adjoining room has been reserve and maybe inquire into taking it! Thanks so much for some sound advice!!!!!!

Thanks for the information. We have two one-way rentals booked from MCO with Enterprise. Hopefully it goes as smoothly for us. Did you do any other site seeing along the way, or head straight back to the airport after the cruise? We might have some time on our way down on Friday morning - maybe stop off briefly along the way?

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the information. We have two one-way rentals booked from MCO with Enterprise. Hopefully it goes as smoothly for us. Did you do any other site seeing along the way, or head straight back to the airport after the cruise? We might have some time on our way down on Friday morning - maybe stop off briefly along the way?

we just did the same thing on our cruise from this weekend. it was painless and easy. we actually got to the ship the same time as the two shuttles, but were able to stop for cokes (to take on board) beforehand and saved money.

on the way back to the airport we had 3 hours to kill so we headed to Downtown Disney. If you do this just be prepared to pay the tolls. Even with toll roads we still save about $50 buck vs. the shuttle.

First time we sailed on Monarch (mom, sister, and I), we took a junior suite for the space, balcony, and cruise credit to get mom up to Diamond status. Next month when we go, we are doing two adjoining deck 8 oceanview rooms, mom in one room, us sisters in the other. It was $209 per person for me and sis, and I think approx. $280 for my mom as solo.

Small world.

I just got off the Monarch, yesterday and was in Junior Suite 1044.

I didn't take any pictures this trip but the cabin had more than enough room.

It is set up with a double loveseat (convertible to a sofa bed) and a single club chair, facing each other, right by the balcony door.

There is a glass table in front of the loveseat and a curtain for privacy from the main part of the room.

The rest is standard, double bed either together or apart, desk and chair and plenty of closet space.

The bathroom has a tub with shower. ( duck your head, if you are tall).

All in all, a very nice cabin.

What port is this in? I would guess Nassau, but I don't know if that is right.

Definitely Nassau. I'm still trying to convince myself that the Sovereign class ship is the Monarch... it could just as easily be the Majesty. Nevertheless, still a cool photo. Oasis... she's a big'un.

Definitely Nassau. I'm still trying to convince myself that the Sovereign class ship is the Monarch... it could just as easily be the Majesty. Nevertheless, still a cool photo. Oasis... she's a big'un.

I'm thinking Monarch. I enlarged the name on the bow and, while it is too blurry to read, I didn't see the tail of a "y" [or "j" for that matter] where you would expect it if it was Majesty.

Archived