All things Monarch of the Seas

I believe it's $70.00 round trip per person.

This might work out better for you..

http://www.cbshuttle.com/port-canaveral-rates.htm

Thank you. I appreciate it! I knew someone would know the price :) I saw that cbs site a while back and was looking for the price of RC's transfers so I could see how good of a deal it was. It's amazing how hard it is to find that. LOL.

Our sons are cruising on Monarch this coming Monday so the time was ticking fast for us to get something set up.:eek: Comparing the 2, it's a no brainer now.

Thanks again!!!

BTW, we cruise on Monarch in May and we'll just a rent a car like so many have recommended...much cheaper! ;)

We will be on the cruise with them then! Can't wait! But we are flying into MCO a couple days early so rented a car.

I'll keep my eye on them for ya! ;)

LOL! Sure, keep an eye on them.....just don't tell me what you see:eek:. Just joking. They are good guys. Probably a bit flirty but good guys none the less....The 21 year old just got back from a cruise 2 weeks ago.

Hi everyone! We are going on our 1st cruise in April and I am SUPER EXCITED! I have been pouring over threads on here for days now! So MUCH great information so thank you ALL for sharing that. I have been able to find alot of my answers posted in here and various other threads. I have not yet had the time to read through EVERY page of this thread & had a question that I hope has not yet been answered. If it has please forgive me. :rolleyes:

First question is: When do you get your cruise compass? Next, I have viewed the cruise compass for the 4 days sailings. The one I viewed was from an August sailing in 2009. As far as the compass goes how often are they changed? Like would a new one have come out in January & then that one is good for a couple months or is there a new compass for each trip? Also, I see they have theme stuff going on (like 70's style dancing in the streets thing) and was thinking we may want to pack some fun dress up stuff for events like that. Do passengers do that or just the workers on the ship?

Additionally what other types of game/themes do they have going on? I saw a Love & Marriage game show on one night and was wondering if a lot of people show up for these types of events? Should we make plans to arrive really early in order to get good seating?

Thank you guys in advance for your help! :D

First question is: When do you get your cruise compass? Next, I have viewed the cruise compass for the 4 days sailings. The one I viewed was from an August sailing in 2009. As far as the compass goes how often are they changed? Like would a new one have come out in January & then that one is good for a couple months or is there a new compass for each trip?

The major stuff, production shows etc, are going to be the same. But I believe that each cruise director puts their own personal spin on shipboard activities so the minor things, trivia etc, may differ. Note that I don't have any concrete proof of this, it's just a feeling I have.

Also, I see they have theme stuff going on (like 70's style dancing in the streets thing) and was thinking we may want to pack some fun dress up stuff for events like that. Do passengers do that or just the workers on the ship?

I've never noticed the passengers dressing for the 70's party, but that's not to say that you can't. :D

Additionally what other types of game/themes do they have going on? I saw a Love & Marriage game show on one night and was wondering if a lot of people show up for these types of events? Should we make plans to arrive really early in order to get good seating?

Thank you guys in advance for your help! :D

On my recent cruise the Welcome Aboard show was packed, the production show was packed, Love and Marriage was about 3/4 full and the juggler was about half full. I didn't catch the late night comedian on the last night so I don't know how full the crowds were that night.

The quest game was pretty packed in the Circuit lounge as well.

...Should we make plans to arrive really early in order to get good seating?

As Tahqa said above, the Welcome Aboard show is the most crowded. This is because there is only one performance of this show. Generally, all other shows have a performance for early dining guests and a performance for late dining guests. The Welcome Aboard show has only one performance for all guests. On our Monarch cruise last weekend, the Welcome Aboard show started at 7:45pm. Early dinner started at 5:45pm. So, not a huge amount of time for dinner on the first night if you want decent seats at the show.

Hello fellow cruisers!

The thread started by Christine for the Explorer is so informative and helpful, I thought I'd start a thread for my favorite ship, the Monarch of the Seas!

I know there are many monarch fans on this board and they can post here their links for pictures and compasses, as well as give praise to any of the hundereds of favorite crew members onboard. (I love the Monarch crew)

I'm even hoping that my friend Debbie (mohavemommy) can repost her very helpful information on the cabins with obstructed views. :)

Lets see how many more people we can find to join the Monarch Fan Club! :D

Sounds like you know the ship well! We are planning a trip for the summer but just can't figure out what room to get! Any advice?

Thanks!:o

Sounds like you know the ship well! We are planning a trip for the summer but just can't figure out what room to get! Any advice?

Thanks!:o

If you are getting an oceanview' date='get one on deck 8,..........they are the cheapest............and obstructed but not everyone is.........heres the deck plan and those marked are not obstructed.

2744539470042692775S600x600Q85.jpg

Besides the room service menu, is there a place on Monarch that offers cookies ?

Cookies are usually offered as a snack at Sorrento's above the Windjammer. You can also get them from the Windjammer when it's open, as well as from Ben and Jerry's. I don't know they are extra if you get them from Ben and Jerry's though.

Hi,

We just booked the 3 niter:D and was wondering if anyone has any recent Compass or the menus they could post. We are also staying in a Jr suite 1046 and would love to see any pics. I know we're under the pool deck has anyone experienced any noise?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank You

• 2 weeks later...
I just booked the 3 night to Nassau and Coco Cay for May 14 2010 and am in a wheelchair........I got the accessible OV #9034 and would love to see pics of that room if anyone here has stayed in that particular cabin.

Looking very forward to may 2010. :) its a short cruise but its a cruise right!?

Same sailing, ship and deck. See you then neighbor!

At the Ben n'n Jerrys/Seatlles Best Coffe shop, deserts are free when you purchase coffee.

Cookies available at Windjammer and up by Sorrentos too.

Unless I got lucky, the cookies were free - purchase of coffee was not required. And for the record, they are extremely yummy!! Have a few for me! :D

Also, I see they have theme stuff going on (like 70's style dancing in the streets thing) and was thinking we may want to pack some fun dress up stuff for events like that. Do passengers do that or just the workers on the ship?

It's just the staff. It is very funny. Don't miss it. I think I have a small clip on video.

Hi,

We just booked the 3 niter:D and was wondering if anyone has any recent Compass or the menus they could post.

Thank You

I have all the compass from our September cruise. I'll get them uploaded along with the video.

Hi,

We just booked the 3 niter:D and was wondering if anyone has any recent Compass or the menus they could post. We are also staying in a Jr suite 1046 and would love to see any pics. I know we're under the pool deck has anyone experienced any noise?

Thank You

We've been on that ship in a similar location...1040 to be exact. It's not directly under the pool area, it's actually closer to being under the Windjammer. It's not noisy at all, we stayed in a GS a few rooms forward, and that location was really bad. A JS on Monarch is our fav category...the location is very convienient when we bring the kids, and we love the extra space.

Archived