Hotel in fort lauderdale

Penny1234

Hey, has anyone ever stayed @ the Sheraton Yankee Trader Hotel in Fort Lauderdale? Im looking for a place to stay that is on the beach if not close to the beach and that is reasonibly priced and not a dive. I made reservation @ the Sheraton but after reading reviews im having doubts...Any recommendations would help!

We stayed there several years ago for 2-3 nights precruise. It is right on the beach with a tiki bar and pool in front of the hotel on the beach. Parasialing and other activities were on the beach too.

It was a nice beach, nice pool, and nice Tiki bar. Had a serious bar tab on checkout.

I remember the rooms being fine and there being some interior bar that had a window that gave you an underwater view of the pool. Back then it had a pretty good happy hour with free food and drink specials.

There were 12 of us in 4 rooms and everyone had a good time. Of course, I think we would have had a good time at a Super8 on that trip.

We didn't eat at any of the restaurants, no help there.

The Sheridan is the only beachfront hotel that I remember. You had to cross the road for all of the others (A1A I think) and that was what made our decision for us.

Hope this helps

I stayed there ... Easy to navigate even though I was in that "other" building. I still had excellent views out my windows and could see the ocean. I paid less than $70 base rate.

Walk down the street and have a nice dinner at Cafe del Mar, it's wonderful. We experienced NONE of the issues as stated in the many reviews that we read. I have drawn a conclusion about people that are nitpicky about every little thing: they can't be pleased.

The bed was a Sheraton Sweet Sleeper. My only complaint is that the internet (wireless and wired) didn't work, but honestly, I didn't try that hard and I'm very computer savvy. Dinner took up most of our night. They have a neat band setup and a belly dancer (nightly).

I stayed there last feb pre cruise for three days i stayed in the other tower across from the main hotel we had the best view we could see the ocean and the hole strip i was in room 1114. the main hotel sits back from a1a so you dont get the best view even though the hotel is older it is in good shape the rooms have been redone in the last year or so.Its close to every thing we walked all over and it was only 20.00 cab ride to the port 15.00 fare 5.00 tip if you are not a starwood preffered guest member .join now it free and they will upgrade your room when you check it .thats how i got such a great room cause i booked the cheapest room possible ..If you would like to see pics of the room and the view from the room let me know and i will send them to you

DIL is staying there this weekend on business . We are also looking for something in Feb 08, as the Embassy Suites price is way on up there. I'll get back here and let everyone know what she thought about this property when she gets back.

They do have rooms in a seperate building on the other side of the road. Thoose are not beachfront and I wouldn't stay in that building.

Are you sure you are thinking of the Sheraton Yankee Trader? Sounds like the Sheraton Yankee Clipper to me.

We stayed there several years ago for 2-3 nights precruise. It is right on the beach with a tiki bar and pool in front of the hotel on the beach. Parasialing and other activities were on the beach too.

It was a nice beach, nice pool, and nice Tiki bar. Had a serious bar tab on checkout.

I remember the rooms being fine and there being some interior bar that had a window that gave you an underwater view of the pool. Back then it had a pretty good happy hour with free food and drink specials.

There were 12 of us in 4 rooms and everyone had a good time. Of course, I think we would have had a good time at a Super8 on that trip.

We didn't eat at any of the restaurants, no help there.

The Sheridan is the only beachfront hotel that I remember. You had to cross the road for all of the others (A1A I think) and that was what made our decision for us.

Hope this helps

After reading this the 2nd time I am certain that you are referring to the Sheraton Yankee Clipper. The OP is asking about the Yankee Trader.

Archived