Guernsey Walking Paths

Researching this port, it appears that there are coastal walking paths that head north of St. Peter Port as well as to the south. They look to be very sceanic from the photos I've seen on-line, and I was wondering if any past cruisers have spent any time on these paths. Anyone have comments on the condition of the paths or anything else about them?

In particular, the foot path going south toward Fermain Bay looks interesting, with a final stop at the Le Chalet Hotel for Guernsey tea with Guernsey cream:D (or maybe a pint of something if it's later in the day).

I have walked the entire Guernsey coast path - quite a few years ago but I don't suppose it has changed much! It was absolutely beautiful and I've always promised myself I will go back and do it again.

Thank you goldencup. Can you describe the path a bit? Is it relatively smooth in most places, or is it more of a "hiking" trail that can be rugged? Stairs and inclines don't bother us much, so long as it doesn't turn into a climb. We're really most interested at this point in taking the path from St. Peter Port south to Fermain Bay & back.

Hey - what has the time of day to do with having a pint? :) If it's earlier, you could indulge a little more!

LOL!!! I'm sure it'll be noon somewhere in the world no matter what time it is in Guernsey, and I'll be sure to toast that country with a cold pint!!:D

As I said, it was a long time ago but I don't remember the path being particularly arduous, what sticks in my mind is the spectacular views. Certainly there were inclines but I think the majority was fairly smooth. It all depends how much time you've got though. That book sounds like a good investment.

Archived