Pride--Cabin Steward--tip?

akissa

do people usually give their stewards tips the first time they meet? i've also heard of some people giving their stewards little gifts? what have some you guys given your stewards other than tips?

Thanks!

[b][color=darkslategray]Check out the thread "First tip"........:) [/color][/b]
[b][color=#2f4f4f][/color][/b]
[b][color=#2f4f4f]The reason I've decided against giving my cabin steward a goody bag (which I've done on three cruises) on next cruise is because I've read too many posts saying folks have asked the stewards and they don't seem to want or appreciate all that 'stuff'......! However, I'll still take the mini-bars of candy to pass out as I see fit. It's a fun thing to do, and I like seeing smiles![/color][/b]

When we sailed on the Pride, I gave our cabin steward, Stanley, $15 the first day. I explained that we would have an ice chest in the room and asked if he would be sure to keep it iced daily and also asked for the items to be moved our of the refrigerator. He was a fantastic cabin steward. I use a walker and whenever he would see me going to the cabin on my own, he would stop what he was doing and rush to our cabin door to open the door for me. I think my friend that I was traveling with gave him a tip mid week and we did give an extra tip at the end of the cruise. He was worth every penny.

Archived