You balcony snobs are pulling me in...

I must be in the minority as far as cruisers go. I got a balcony for the first time on my last cruise on the Carnival Miracle. It didn't cost a whole lot more than an oceanview, so it wasn't really a splurge, but truthfully, both me and my husband felt it was a waste and didn't really use it very much at all. Our favorite cabin we've ever had was on the Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas. We got an inside Promenade cabin with a little window seat where we could look out at the people walking down the Royal Promenade. The only downside was that our cabin was above one of the bars that had a guitar player every night until around 1:00 a.m. Luckily, we liked the music and went down and introduced ourselves to the guitar player and told him how much we enjoyed listening to him in our cabin! :)

It is THE ultimate cruising experience. We did out first one about 9 or 10 cruises ago and will NEVER go back!!!

We always book really early, like a year and a half in advance of each cruise to get the lower rates. Once a ship starts booking up, the rates go higher.

I talked all of my cruise mates into a balcony also, and they are cruising buddies forever now!!!

Congratulations. You will not regret upgrading!

kathyanddick

How true, my mom called this morning to tell me my cousin has some sort of brain disease (mom doesn't know the name) symptoms started 2 weeks ago and they don't expect her to live more than a month. She is only 54 years old. You never know, live it up now while you can you never know what is around the corner.

I am so sorry for the terrible news. My Grandma passed that way. She was only 57. She was told one week and literly gone the next. In hindsight it was better that way, but still hurts. I hope your cousin's doesn't have to live through any pain and she can come to peace that she is needed elsewhere. (Or he, sorry if the gender is wrong)

Yes I am young, but I have been though a lot in my short life already and who knows when or how you will go. All I pray for is a happy, meaningful life... and dangit if a balcony make me happy I am going to go for it! :D

Oh BTW DH and I are under the same agreement... we normally take one "expensive" vacation and one "cheap" vacation a year. This cruise coming up was suppose to be the "cheap" one because we were planning to take an expensive med cruise for our three year wedding anniversary next Oct... but I am still holding out that our infertilty rounds will work and we physically can't go...:o

I am so sorry for the terrible news. My Grandma passed that way. She was only 57. She was told one week and literly gone the next. In hindsight it was better that way, but still hurts. I hope your cousin's doesn't have to live through any pain and she can come to peace that she is needed elsewhere. (Or he, sorry if the gender is wrong)

Yes I am young, but I have been though a lot in my short life already and who knows when or how you will go. All I pray for is a happy, meaningful life... and dangit if a balcony make me happy I am going to go for it! :D

Oh BTW DH and I are under the same agreement... we normally take one "expensive" vacation and one "cheap" vacation a year. This cruise coming up was suppose to be the "cheap" one because we were planning to take an expensive med cruise for our three year wedding anniversary next Oct... but I am still holding out that our infertilty rounds will work and we physically can't go...:o

Thanks for the sentiments, my cousin is a woman, she is my oldest cousin and I am the youngest with 34 in between. She is in no pain from what I understand which is a good thing.

Well, let's move on to something happier, balconies are very romantic, maybe you won't need the medical stuff!! You never know!!!!

kathyanddick nailed it on their earlier post. Book as far in advance as you can and you'll save a chunk of change. We had our Enchantment cruise booked in January for a JS. We saved several hundred dollars over the last minute cost.

Soak it up and enjoy. Even if your DH does find out how it came about, he'll like it enough to eat any complaints that might come to mind.

You will LOVE your balcony!!! My husband got to enjoy his first balcony this spring. He was so happy I splurged a little!! In the future do book in advance to save possibly hundreds and get the balcony of your choice. We are booked w/ Royal for a quick getaway in November on the Sovereign and choose an inside...I hope it is bearable :o

Our first cruise was almost down with staff...we didn't care, it was cheap and we got away from the kids for a few days :D . Our first balcony was an aft, and we have never had anything since. There is nothing like feeling you are all alone out there with the sea, except that you can call room service for anything you need! You only go around once, ans they said. Go for it...and have a great cruise!

You will love it, love it, love it!!! And then you might never look back :) DH and I got hooked on balconies on our first cruise... We are out there a bit. If I get up in the middle of the night I always go out and see what the night is like. First thing in the morning I run out to see what the weather is like...and then grab some coffee and enjoy!!! In the evening one of us is always on it waiting for the other one to get ready. And always before we turn in at night no matter how tired - we at least spend a few minutes out there just enjoying the moment! I am the frugal one in our household and it pains me when my husband books a room that's a bit more, or like this time he did a JS... Well, now that it just got paid the other day :) I'm a happy camper and I also know that I will soooo enjoy it once I'm there. I fight it kicking and screaming but in the end love that he did it!

Archived