Door decorations?

shutterbun

We are sailing Oct. 21st for our 25th Anniversary, so I have made up a door decoration for that, but also, since we are sailing during halloween time and on the "Spirit", I couldn't help but make up a halloween door decoration about sailing with the Spirits on the Spirit under a full moon. So I have made up both themes. You can see them in my banner in my signature too.

How did you make the anniversary banner?? We will be sailing in Jan for our 25th and yours looks great!!

Door decorations are fun to do. The last cruise was a 50 BDay celebration and I did birthday stuff. Printed out some appropriate clipart! The one before that we had met a lot of CCer's online and shared pictures of each other -- I printed those pictures on magnetic paper and put them up on our door. We never lost one, but people would move them all over the door and have fun with them

And it DOES make your room easier to find -- I plan on doing them for the next cruise during spring break.

I love to have door deco.But I now make a fue copies for my door.The last 3 I had on my door were torn down by night time knotheads.So now I always have replacements. And you can find your room with much more ease . Late at night that long hall of alike doors and a fue frosty drinks....Well a ,,you can end up trying the wrong door..or too.

I started decorating my door when I took by last troop on the Sensation. After I checked that everyone was in thier cabins for the night I put up magnets and a printout of downloaded clean appropriate jokes titled joke of the day. Each night I put up new ones. The girls got a kick out of it.

On my last cruise sans scouts I cut out fish from some leftover wrapping paper and put them around the same jokes. O put 2-3 up each day. I would hear people chuckle at my door.

At dinner my tablemates mentioned the joke of the day door on thier floor. My sister abd I looked at each other and laughed. They suggested we put up a place to respond and we will try that next time.

I plan on decorating our door and room with a Halloween theme, since we'll be on the ship over Halloween. I'm keeping it a secret from my boys! I can't wait to hear their reaction.

We're planning the same....if time allows we'll make our own. If not, I'll buy some dollar store decorations..........when are you sailing? We're sailing Oct 21 aboard the Legend. We're also bringing costumes. Beginning on the 13th of Oct, the ships have one night that they celebrate Halloween and they encourage everyone to dress up and there is trick or treating for the kids.........

I just went to Walmart and got some cute cheap foam fish and foam tropical looking monkeys. Also got some post it notes. I wanted to get the foam letters but I didn't want to encourage anyone to put anything up there that wasn't family friendly. I really hope no one writes anything offensive on my note pads.......

How did you make the anniversary banner?? We will be sailing in Jan for our 25th and yours looks great!!

Thank you. I enjoy tinkering with graphics, so I made that. I did the layout and cropped the pictures etc. I used Print shop deluxe. It is a fun little program. Thanks for the compliment.

I have a hard enough time packing all the things I really need that I just don't know if I want to pack more stuff, but I'll have a look around and see if I can come up with something.

Thanks for the ideas.

That's part of the beauty of it... the door decorations pack flat at the bottom of the suitcase. If you bring inexpensive disposables you can just throw them away at the end of the cruise instead of lugging them home again.

Another advantage of door decorations... you don't have anyone accidentally knocking on your door at 2am or 6am... I've had both. They just had the wrong room, but I had to get up to tell them.

I plan on decorating our door and room with a Halloween theme, since we'll be on the ship over Halloween. I'm keeping it a secret from my boys! I can't wait to hear their reaction.

Me too. We are going to decorate the cabin also. My boys (including the DH) love halloween.

Thank you. I enjoy tinkering with graphics, so I made that. I did the layout and cropped the pictures etc. I used Print shop deluxe. It is a fun little program. Thanks for the compliment.

What type of tape should I buy To get my banner to stick the door.:D

What type of tape should I buy To get my banner to stick the door.:D

I use magnets. The magnets have worked on the Fantasy class ships and the Spirit class ships. I don't know about the other classes. If it is heavy paper products, you might have a harder time on the Spirit class ships. We couldn't put up our dry erase message board, but were able to on the fantasy class doors. The paper decorations worked fine with magnets on both classes of ship. Maybe someone else has suggestions for larger, heavier type decorations.

Hi all, first time cruiser here, counting down the hours til I leave!

From perusing these boards, I've seen quite a few mentions of "door decortations," most frequently from people advertising that they are with a particular CC group, or whatnot.

So, what's the deal with the door decorations? Is it a common maritime ritual? What does a typical "door decoration" consist of? Do the cruise lines frown on them?

It's in my nature to find out as much as I can about the local customs and "things to do when in Rome" so I thought I'd ask about this particular practice. I'll be traveling with a good size group (about 250 people) and I don't want to miss out on any of the shipboard shennanigans.

thanks!

Hi there! I have decorated on EVERY cruise I have been on. I love it. Its a tradition with me. I dont think Ive ever seen another door decorated. I usually put some kind of garland around the outside of the door and put pictures all over it, then use window clings on the inside to decorate the window and mirrors... also I usually put confetti on the counter and side table and small center piece decorations also... ok I sound nutty, lol, but to me its FUN... first thing I do when I get there is decorate... hubby unpacks, I decorate... we always get people stopping and saying how creative and cute it is... ONCE some jerk pulled all the stuff off in the middle of the night...

We have a group of 8 girls in three cabins going on Fascination on Oct 19 and I plan on making my room the "Tiki Bar"... I have a tiki bar sign for the door and all kinds of other stuff... Ill have pics in my review..

We always remove everything the morning when we get off the ship and leave everything just as we found it... As long as you dont leave a mess for the steward to clean up I think its fine :)

By the way we use "blutac" to put the stuff up, Ive never had a problem with it holding stuff... the kind of decorations I use are like this:

This is one door I did:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Legalcat1/CarnivalDestiny/photo#5059538848625283538

The stuff on the door are those center pieces with the crepe type paper, i just folded it around half way instead of all the way....

Archived