Waitlisting on Princess site

septrack

Please correct me if I'm wrong!

My understanding is that you give your CC number and are obligated once signed up, if a cabin becomes available. Is there a way to be on a list to be called if a cabin becomes available, and not obliged to accept it unless you can find acceptable airfare/other arrangements.

It seems very difficult to sign up for this if you don't have say 24 hours to accept, while you verify your other arrangements.

Appreciate info from anyone who has done this.

Mark

Hi Mark:

We have waitlisted on Princess many times. They always give us 24 hours to either accept or decline. A couple of times, we didn't care for the cabins they offered to us, so we declined and went back on the waitlist to wait for an acceptable cabin. There was no problem eventually getting a cabin we wanted. We were able to make our other arrangements within the 24-hour period. If you haven't done so already, you might just call Princess and pose your question to them. We've always found them to be helpful in this regard. Good luck.

Archived