Which line, Caribbean itinerary, with a 1-2 year old?

katondeck

I admit I go through withdrawals when there are long periods between cruises. Land vacations just do not do it for me anymore.

My DD will be one in March and I would like to schedule a cruise for next year. She is normally a very happy smiling baby. We have had no crying fits that last for hours and several of the other horrible things that my friends and family have gone through. She even like hot weather, just like her mom!

At this point I am totally open and looking for advise from parents that know better than me. Any recommendations of the cruise line you have felt treated your little one well (she will not old enough for the child programs), best itinerary - things to do near the ports, especially beaches as mom and dad love the warm water (we already have a "shade hut" and floatation that provides shade). Because of my job I can not go on vacation from July 1-Sept 15, but that is the only real limitation.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. We have cruised a few times, but this will be the first time with baby.

I am posting on the family board because I am not looking for the "leave baby at home" response. Mom and Dad can take a weekend to be romatic, I am looking for a family vacation. Thanks!

Since she will be too young for the kids programs, the pool, etc-I'd say pick what appeals to you. Royal Caribbean, Disney, Carnival, Princess are all family friendly. If you're looking for beaches, I think the Eastern Caribbean is best (IMHO). Actually, I've been able to find great beaches on almost all of the caribbean islands. You might want to try a shorter Bahamas cruise just to see how your little one does at sea (seasickness wise).

Anyone that would suggest a romantic weekend does not have little kids!

I've cruised with my daughter when she was under one, last year when she was under 2 and tis September we're going when she is almost 3.

I, too, can not travel in the spring/summer, however I really enjoy going in the fall. We usually go Sept/Oct and recommend that time. The rates are cheaper and, with the kids back in school, there are fewer kids which means many lines will allow you to utilize the kids program area (you supervise).

I like Carnival because they accept kids younger than some other lines (2 yrs) and have night time group babysitting which is reasonable and gives parents a couple of hours alone each evening (all ages accepted in this). If you have any questions, email me at amy.winters@scgnet.us

Happy cruise planning

Archived