Has Anyone Heard of GTI?

jeanaa

Hi,

Don't know if I should have mentioned the name of this firm -if not, I apologize. I have recently learned about it when researching opportunities for TA training. I am not a TA - just thinking about a possible second career in a few years. I have heard that joining (which is somewhat costly) enables people to book travel with the discounts that TAs get. Don't know if anyone has heard anything good or bad about this system.

Thanks.

Hi,

Don't know if I should have mentioned the name of this firm -if not, I apologize. I have recently learned about it when researching opportunities for TA training. I am not a TA - just thinking about a possible second career in a few years. I have heard that joining (which is somewhat costly) enables people to book travel with the discounts that TAs get. Don't know if anyone has heard anything good or bad about this system.

Thanks.

Is this the same GTI that charges you $395 (I think that is the right amount) and sends you a "travel agent ID card"? If so, it is a "card mill" that is frowned upon and shunned by a lot of people in the travel industry.

When I book a cruise for myselfand want to make sure I get on, I book the same way you do and get to keep my commission. I don't know what discounts you think people in the travel industry get.

jcanino...hear ya loud and clear! AirTran is the only airline I know that TAs can get a discount on, but you can only book a few days out...something like that. HAL is the only cruise line that gives me great TA deals, but I can only book 30 days out. I usually do get hotel and rental car discounts. I'm like you - if I book a cruise in advance, I do it just like everyone else and keep the commission.

Archived