Need Suggestion For Which Cruise to Pick

nicsie

My fiance and I did a Carnival Cruise in Jan. We loved it and we want to go on a cruise for our Honeymoon. We are thinking of trying Royal Caribbean out. Here are the ones we picked out so far. Let me know if you guys have any opinions on any of them. Thanks Alot

Adventure of the Sea - 7 night southern carribean (san juan, st. thomas, st. maarten, antigua, st. lucia, barbados

Serenade of the Sea - 7 night southern (same as above but different ship, route)

Legend of the Sea - 7 night southern (santo domingo, st. kitts, guadeloupe, martinique, st lucia, barbadoes

Empress of the Sea - 11 night exotic southern (puerto rico, st. martin, antigua, st. kitts, st. lucia, barbados, margarita island, curaco, aruba)

If money is no object, and you can afford a suite on the Empress I would do that route, as the itinerary is fabulous and would attract few kids. the only thing is it is a smaller ship with smaller staterooms.

But if you can only afford a regular stateroom I would go for the Serenade of the Seas. It's a beautiful, elegant ship with tons of glass. Lots of options of things to do onboard including a covered adults only pool area, the thermal suite in the spa, and two specialty restaurants. The itinerary she does is absolutely fabulous.

I don't think you will be disappointed on the Empress if you have a suite. We've done the other smaller ships and loved them. Also that one is 11 days. 7 days is never enough but if you want to do a 7 day I would also pick Serenade. I love that ship.

Ann

My fiance and I did a Carnival Cruise in Jan. We loved it and we want to go on a cruise for our Honeymoon. We are thinking of trying Royal Caribbean out. Here are the ones we picked out so far. Let me know if you guys have any opinions on any of them. Thanks Alot

Adventure of the Sea - 7 night southern carribean (san juan, st. thomas, st. maarten, antigua, st. lucia, barbados

Serenade of the Sea - 7 night southern (same as above but different ship, route)

Legend of the Sea - 7 night southern (santo domingo, st. kitts, guadeloupe, martinique, st lucia, barbadoes

Empress of the Sea - 11 night exotic southern (puerto rico, st. martin, antigua, st. kitts, st. lucia, barbados, margarita island, curaco, aruba)

For your first Royal Caribbean experience, especially after sailing on a very large ship with Carnival, I would NOT choose the Empress. While I've read lovely things about her, she is small. I'm not sure you would be able to experience the amenities on the Empress that the Serenade or the Adventure will certainly offer. I've been on two Radiance-class ships, (Serenade is a Radiance-class ship) and they are exquisite--lots of glass, exquisite public rooms, decent size cabins, Solarium pools, specialty restaurants, the whole nine yards. The Adventure will also offer these kinds of amenities, plus is quite a bit larger. While the Legend offers a very nice itinerary, she is older (not that that's a bad thing!), but again, will not offer, I believe, the same WOW factor as the Serenade or the Adventure. Have fun with your planning and congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

Karen

Archived