Need help planning group Med cruise

beth4652

Several friends of DH and myself have asked me to plan a cruise.:eek:

We know we especially want to visit Rome and Istanbul. All other ports would be icing on the cake, although we are all church friends, so any Biblical ports would be a treat. I don't want every day to be a port day since most of us are in the 45-70 year old range.

I'm looking for 7-12 days, but am not sure when we'll be likely to have the best weather. I'm thinking no sooner than Fall of '08, but could be sometime in '09.

We would need a mid-priced line, since not all the people can afford the luxury prices.

Any advice? I would appreciate it so very much.

Beth :)

There are a number of good cruise online search sites. One regularly advertises on this Board. You plug in a month, general location, port, length of cruise and it hands you a list of all the main line cruise offerings that match. Great research tool. For the demographics and price range of your group I would suggest Holland America, Celebrity, Princess or RCI. Good luck.

Several friends of DH and myself have asked me to plan a cruise.:eek:

We know we especially want to visit Rome and Istanbul. All other ports would be icing on the cake, although we are all church friends, so any Biblical ports would be a treat. I don't want every day to be a port day since most of us are in the 45-70 year old range.

I'm looking for 7-12 days, but am not sure when we'll be likely to have the best weather. I'm thinking no sooner than Fall of '08, but could be sometime in '09.

We would need a mid-priced line, since not all the people can afford the luxury prices.

Any advice? I would appreciate it so very much.

Beth :)

Princess offers an itinerary that covers both Rome and Istanbul, with plenty of cities in between. It is a 12 night cruise, and they are already selling out. Carnival has cruises that go in and out of Rome, but do not go to Istanbul. Their balcony cabins are about $1000 less per person and that is also a 12 night cruise. Some of the Spring '09 cruises are out, but not the Fall '09.

The Grand Med itinerary on the Emerald Princess is a great trip. Barcelona to Venice with stops in Rome and Istanbul. I would recommend that trip. It also stops in Kusadasi (Ephesus) and Mykonos.

Princess also has a Holy land itinerary which you might like. It starts in either Athens or Rome, and it visits Haifa, Jerusalem, Port Said, Alexandria, Patmos, Kusadasi, and Santorini, but not Istanbul. That is also 12 nights on the Pacific Princess, which is a smaller ship.

I have done many group cruises before so ask your questions :-)

Archived