upgrade ? for experienced cruisers....

bfkkbc

I know this is a long shot, but I wanted to ask so please don't flame me!!! What are the chances of asking at port before you embark if your cabin can be upgrade? Booked a GTY cabin and am truely happy with where we are but just wanted to know the answer just incase my husband gets a "wild hair"!!!:p Thanks

Frances

I know this is a long shot, but I wanted to ask so please don't flame me!!! What are the chances of asking at port before you embark if your cabin can be upgrade? Booked a GTY cabin and am truely happy with where we are but just wanted to know the answer just incase my husband gets a "wild hair"!!!:p Thanks

Frances

Frances, why would you think you would be flamed for that question? Maybe you do have to ask, this board can get quite volatile at times, but I would not think this question would be in that mix.

I wish I knew the answer to your question. I would love to have an upgrade, but like I have said a lot of times, it is not going to happen for us. But, I do hope it happens to you.

Have a wonderful cruise.

On Carnival, the chances of asking are 100%, but the chances of them saying yes are less than 0.1%. All upgrades are assigned prior to the cruise, mostly to GTY bookings. Since you booked GTY, if an upgrade is available, it could be assigned to you when you arrive at the pier, but generally that is not because you asked; its because the upgrade fairy loves you this week.

If you decide to purchase an upgrade, it won't be at a reduced price as can sometimes be done on other lines, and it usually is not available at the pier. And the longer you wait the less your chances of something being available to purchase.

Frances, why would you think you would be flamed for that question? Maybe you do have to ask, this board can get quite volatile at times, but I would not think this question would be in that mix.

I wish I knew the answer to your question. I would love to have an upgrade, but like I have said a lot of times, it is not going to happen for us. But, I do hope it happens to you.

Have a wonderful cruise.

AAAAHHHH Pegs Thank you and we will have a wonderful cruise!!!!!;)

Archived