Southwest offering Bags to Go service at Ft. Laud. & Miami ports

LeslieSJ

Just read an email from Southwest Airlines about a service called Bags to Go -- not sure if it's new or this is just the first I've heard of it. For $20 per person you can check up to 3 bags at their counter at the port and not have to worry about getting it to the airport. Also, you get your boarding pass so you can completely skip the ticket counter at the airport.

Sounds like a really great idea to me. After our last cruise we got to the Ft. Laud. airport only to face a 2 hr. wait outside in a loooooooong line. It was difficult just moving up through the line since we each had 2 suitcases. How wonderful it would've been to leave the port with just a carry-on & then just have the one line to wait in at airport security.

Anyone ever used this type of service or this particular company?

I don't know - it sounds like a dream come true, but... I searched all over the SWA site and found no policy like the one you mentioned. I called SWA Customer Service - they had never heard of the Bags to Go program or ANY program that would allow cruise port luggage check in. Customer Service gave me the number for SWA luggage in FLL. They must be pretty busy because I was forwarded to voice mail. I'm waiting for the return call - I'll post after I speak with them.

I would LOVE such a program! But, SWA NEVER likes to play with others - it increases the chance of lost luggage and flight delays...still....fingers crossed!;)

Happy cruising!

Denise

Archived