Passport holder question

kkw1043

We have been looking at different travel holders for passports. Passport covers and travel document holders that accomodate passports. We are going to Nassau, St. Thomas, and St Maarten in 3 weeks. Do we need to take our passports with us off the ship at every port?

What does everyone carry their passports in? We don't want to look silly taking them out of a Ziploc bag...LOL! Need everyone's input please. Don't want to look like too much of a newbie! Thanks!

Kim

We have been looking at different travel holders for passports. Passport covers and travel document holders that accomodate passports. We are going to Nassau, St. Thomas, and St Maarten in 3 weeks. Do we need to take our passports with us off the ship at every port?

What does everyone carry their passports in? We don't want to look silly taking them out of a Ziploc bag...LOL! Need everyone's input please. Don't want to look like too much of a newbie! Thanks!

Kim

You don't need the passport to go to St. Thomas because you aren't leaving the US. You will need your sail and sign card and a drivers license for St. Thomas. When we went to Tortola we just took copies of our passports and left the real thing locked in the safe. Some people take copies, some take the real thing. You are going to get different opinions.

We only take off a copy of our passport, our sail & sign and our driver's license. As a matter of fact, on our last cruise in the port talks that they have, they even encouraged us to leave them locked up in our rooms once we made it through immigration. A lot of people will tell you that the copy will do you no good if you should miss the ship, so my best advice here.........don't miss the ship. And if you do, you'll still have proof that can be easily verified.

I got a nice looking passport case for each of my family from Lillian Verbob. Think it was about 15.00 and it has our initials on them. We leave our pasports in the safe as many have suggested but the case works out well as it has pockets for credit cards and a pen.

I have those same ones, and we have our initials on them too. Ours are blue, a dark blue.

During my last cruise I had one of those belt pouches that go under your clothes. It fit my money, passport and my sign and sail card. I got it a Walmart but they don't carry it anymore but Target does. I fit just under my waistband of my pant/capris/shorts.

Well, I'm just one of those women who has to take a purse everywhere.

I have taken a mini-backpack instead, because it has a pocket on the side for a water bottle.

But I tend to take my passport. I'll probably not do that this year (thanks to all the recommendations on this board). Will make copies and lock the real things in the safe.

Archived