greatam - do you know about airplanes?

cruisingw/mom

Hi Greatam,

I was reading the many post on airfare and you mentioned in one post you know alot about airfare and planes.

My question is different. I am afraid of flying but do it because I LOVE to travel. I have to make sure the plane is super big (Over 100 seats). Alaska has so many great opportunities for flightseeing that everyone raves about. I would like to try to swallow my nerves and try flightseeing.

Here is my questions. If I researched a company (Mountain Wrangell Air) and found out about the type of plane could you help me in terms of year of plane, how many seats it holds and stuff like that?

I know it sounds silly but for some reason I have it in my head that a bigger bush plane is better. I

And if you have advise on how to handle flightseeing trips for scaried people like me would me much appreciated.

Thanks Shelly

If I can butt in here, Shelly, I have a commercial pilot's license and LOVE to fly but I understand that many people don't share my enthusiasm. The largest flightseeing planes in Alaska are the Twin Otters operated by Promech Air in Ketchikan in Skagway. You can see photos and information about the planes and my Glacier Bay flight with them this year at http://www.explorenorth.com/articles/glacier_bay_flight.html

Murray

Here is my questions. If I researched a company (Mountain Wrangell Air) and found out about the type of plane could you help me in terms of year of plane, how many seats it holds and stuff like that?

We flew with Wrangell Mountain Air between Chitina and McCarthy last June. I can't tell you what kind of plane it was - other than very small (6 passengers, at most).

Archived