Transport to Uxmal

sajohnston

Just back from Progreso,

Booked the Uxmal tour from the pier, $55 per person for two of us. No one else signed up so we had a private tour with Manuel. He was wonderful, taught us some Mayan on the van ride to Uxmal. The van was a brand new Mercedes 12 passenger. Very spacious for the two of us. The ruins were not crowded, climbed most of the temples. With just the two of us we set the pace of the tour. Would highly recommend the Autoprogresso agency, they hand out flyers on the shuttle bus from the pier (4 miles long) to the city (handicraft shopping area).

Hi Kristicruise

How long were you in port for? How long was your trip to Uxmal?

Thanks for your help.

Sandy

I am on the ship with you I want to go to Uxmal spoke with a tour guide today qoute was 148.00 per person. He said we would have a guide all day and he would take us to ruins and anywhere we wanted to go. I would like to get in on a group. Looks like you can do better off the ship at the port. What do you have planed.

We have actually booked with Autoprogresso- they were cheaper than Yucatan Travel. Got a quote of $55 per person for 6 of us, and $35 pp for my youngest daughter. They will pick us up at the end of the pier. www.autoprogreso.com.

$55 per person for Xumal?

Their online quote system tells me $93 per person for Xumal.....:eek:

I got an e-mail from Geraldo at Autoprogreso quoting the $55 pp rate. Did you get an e-mail from them? I filled out the on-line form and submitted it, and they e-mailed me back. They have been very quick to reply. In fact, we have more family that who will be joining us on this cruise, and I let Geraldo know there would be 2 more people, and he got right back with me with a confirmation within 24 hours.

This tour through RCI is $72.

Hey McKinna,

My hubbie and I are still interested in going to Uxmal, but just want to come back to the beach afterward, so we figured it would be better if we didn't join your group since you guys had mentioned going to merida or progresso after.

i was just wondering if you had looked at the itinerary on the rccl website lately. they no longer have us in progresso for 12 hours. it says we leave at 5:30 pm instead of 8 pm.

haven't been on here in a while, so i guess i'll go catch up on the latest.

ttyl

Hey McKinna,

My hubbie and I are still interested in going to Uxmal, but just want to come back to the beach afterward, so we figured it would be better if we didn't join your group since you guys had mentioned going to merida or progresso after.

i was just wondering if you had looked at the itinerary on the rccl website lately. they no longer have us in progresso for 12 hours. it says we leave at 5:30 pm instead of 8 pm.

haven't been on here in a while, so i guess i'll go catch up on the latest.

ttyl

We actually ended up booking with Autoprogreso, and since we aren't in port until 8, we will probably just do Uxmal and then go back to the ship. Autoprogreso was cheaper than Yucatan Travel and RCI, and from reading what others have posted, are reliable. Look forward to seeing you soon!

Archived