Computers and Wine

pooba

We need a little information please. Can we use our computer in our cabin on the Infinity?

Also we are visiting some vineyards and would like to bring a few bottles of wine on the ship to drink? Can we do this? Is there a corkage fee that would allow us to serve our wine at dinner?

Thanks for the help.

Steve

What category cabin are you in? The higher level cabins have computers, so that might make a difference. Just know that using your laptop in the cabin does wind up being more expensive than using the computers in the computer room. The download times for laptops is even slower than the ship's computers, and those are real, real slow. It can take as long as 2 minutes to download one page. And those minutes add up

Do NOT put yourself through the torture of trying to use wireless in the staterooms. It is HORRIBLY slow, when it works at all.

I've just gotten off Century and I demanded a refund of the unused portion of the wireless minutes package about four days into the cruise. I didn't even try to use my own computer from that point, and actually only used the computer lab computers once more - to check in for my return flight. All-in-all a very frustrating experience!

We need a little information please. Can we use our computer in our cabin on the Infinity?

Also we are visiting some vineyards and would like to bring a few bottles of wine on the ship to drink? Can we do this? Is there a corkage fee that would allow us to serve our wine at dinner?

Thanks for the help.

Steve

There is a corkage fee. It used to be $5, but in recent times these boards have noted, I think, that it is $25. (I will be corrected here, if I am wrong.) This makes it just as expensive as drinking the on-board wines.

Do NOT put yourself through the torture of trying to use wireless in the staterooms. It is HORRIBLY slow, when it works at all.

I've just gotten off Century and I demanded a refund of the unused portion of the wireless minutes package about four days into the cruise. I didn't even try to use my own computer from that point, and actually only used the computer lab computers once more - to check in for my return flight. All-in-all a very frustrating experience!

Thank you for this information. We are going away in Dec. for over a month, and my DH was contemplating taking his laptop. Can you imagine what a month would cost. :eek: I will just have to tell him to forget about work, and concentrate on me. :D

Thanks for the help.

Steve

Steve, there are threads running on each of these subjects - please take a look at what is currently page two.

Archived