Celebrity Millenium Classic Mediterranean Cruise

westshores

My husband and I just got back from the September 10th sailing of the Millenium which cruised the Mediterranean. If anyone has any questions regarding this cruise, we would just love to help them. Being freshly off the boat, we may be able to help anyone who is a first time cruiser or planning a cruise to the Mediteranean. Bon Voyage!

Hello, Westshores!

We were also on this sailing with you; wonder if we met? We had a wonderful time and would do this itinerary again in a heartbeat. My husband posted a review of the trip; including ports of call.

Weather was perfect, ports were wonderful, if tiring, and the ship was great.

Wish we were back there now! :rolleyes:

What was the condition of your room - carpet, drapes etc. I have read much on this board that the condition of the stateroom are poor. I am booked on the Millie in CC class on the deck 8. A nice room is important to me. Thanks for your input.

My husband and I just got back from the September 10th sailing of the Millenium which cruised the Mediterranean. If anyone has any questions regarding this cruise, we would just love to help them. Being freshly off the boat, we may be able to help anyone who is a first time cruiser or planning a cruise to the Mediteranean. Bon Voyage!

What ports did you stop at... We are going in April 08

What was the condition of your room - carpet, drapes etc. I have read much on this board that the condition of the stateroom are poor. I am booked on the Millie in CC class on the deck 8. A nice room is important to me. Thanks for your input.

Our room was fine; we were in an aft cabin 8170...love those huge balconies. Room seemed to be in better shape than some we have stayed in... ship overall was just fine. Balcony space is wonderful and we used the balcony a fair bit, although not as much as on a Caribbean cruise because we were on the ship less, longer port days and tours. Enjoy your trip!

Our itinerary included Barcelona, Spain; Villefranche,France; Rome, Florence and Naples, Italy; Athens, Santorini, and Corfu, Greece; Dubrovnik, Croatia and ended in Venice. Wonderful, if tiring, itinerary.

Can you tell us what excursions you went on? Did you do ones with the ship or private ones? My husband and I are going in June on the Summit and since it is only the two of us Private tours are very expensive. I've tried to see if others on our roll call want to share tours, but so far no takers.

My husband Larry (Lsimon) wrote this review of the trip, which includes port reviews as well, with information on our tours. We did a mix of ship and one private tour in Athens, and some on our own. Had a wonderful time.

Here is the link to his review:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=635007

Here is the link with the port reviews:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=11796079#post11796079

And the link on Venice:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=11798881#post11798881

Hope these are helpful!

Hello, Westshores!

We were also on this sailing with you; wonder if we met? We had a wonderful time and would do this itinerary again in a heartbeat. My husband posted a review of the trip; including ports of call.

Weather was perfect, ports were wonderful, if tiring, and the ship was great.

Wish we were back there now! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the pics and reviews they were great. How were people dressed for formal and informal nights. Do you remember which nights were formal nights, port days or sea days.

Anything you wish you had done differently on your trip?

Thanks for your help.

Thanks for the pics and reviews they were great. How were people dressed for formal and informal nights. Do you remember which nights were formal nights, port days or sea days.

Anything you wish you had done differently on your trip?

Thanks for your help.

Glad you liked the reviews and pictures, thank you. Formal nights, most people were dressed up, either in dark suits or tuxes for the men, and women wore anything from long gowns to short cocktail dresses to sparkly pant suits. Great fun! Informal nights varied a lot. I usually wear a short cocktail dress or dressy top and pants for informal nights... I saw more people in what I would call business casual clothes than I have seen before. I happen to really like getting dressed up; lots of people don't. Formal nights were the first two sea days and the night we left Corfu at 5. In all honesty, I can't think of too much I would have done differently on this trip except I would have bought some more of the gorgeous pottery we saw in Sorrento and Positano and had it shipped home. We brought a few small pieces home and they are beautiful; they look great in our kitchen. I guess I have a great reason to go back! :D

Archived