Have you taken Auroura Limo or Polar Express from Anchorage to Ship?

JeannetteC

The limo rates, other than Aurora Limo, for two people are really high. Aurora leaves at a time that's not good for us. We're on the 6/26 sailing so I think we'll probably end up taking the Princess transfer (train).

Jeannette

• 7 months later...
[quote name='JeannetteC']I want to use a limo/van service to transfer from Anchorage to the ship in Whittier. Has anyone taken Auroura Limosine or Polar Express? Are they reliable? How was the ride? Thanks.[/QUOTE]
We have used the service mentioned. very professional, very pleasant, very reliable. According to the owner, they get extremely busy, and are about the only professional that runs year around locally in Anchorage. The chauffuers are very knowledgeable, and are eager to show off thier home Alaska. I highly recommend this service,. I choose the limousine, and they had a van at the docks as well. Very reasonable.

[quote name='JeannetteC']The limo rates, other than Aurora Limo, for two people are really high. Aurora leaves at a time that's not good for us. We're on the 6/26 sailing so I think we'll probably end up taking the Princess transfer (train).

Jeannette[/QUOTE]

You need to under stand whittier. It takes almost 2 hours to get to it by the time you get through the tunnel, than you go back through to Anchorage.
Whittier is 65 miles from Anchorage, so times 2= 130 mile roundtrip each company makes. or 3.5-4 hours. When there is only two people, it does cost more. Try using there shuttle and get on the list, our friends where extremely pleased.

We're looking for transporation to Whittier from Seward on July 16.. anyone else also looking for transporation the same date? We've been trying to get in touch with Polar Express with no luck.

Cathy

Archived