Pictures of a PH Suite on the Crown....????

Suesan Jean

Hi....!!!

I just booked my FIRST PRINCESS CRUISE yesterday......!!!!:D

I am SO EXCITED......!!!!:D

I did ALOT of research and picked the CROWN PRINCESS (because the itinerary was GREAT.....!!!!):D

I have already printed up ALOT of reviews and posts by people here on Cruise Critic (I LIKE to be "prepared"). The ONE thing I can't seem find are pictures of a PH SUITE on the Crown Princess. The only ones I find are the Princess brochure type ones. I am trying to find more personal ones, taken by REAL Princess cruise passengers......

Can ANYONE, PLEASE tell me where to look or post some links to some pictures.....????

I WOULD APPRECIATE IT ALOT......!!!! THANK YOU.....!!!!icon14.gif:)

Guest LoveMyBoxer

I found these pictures befoe we sailed on the Crown in July, they are not mine or of the Crown, however, it's exactly the same layout as the PH on the Crown. Just so you know, it does get noisy in the PH suites since you are right under the Lido deck, especially when they have parties or early in the morning when they are moving chairs.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/546607828YYtdRb?track_pagetag=/page/photo/travel/cruises&track_action=/ViewActions/FullAlbum

I found these pictures befoe we sailed on the Crown in July, they are not mine or of the Crown, however, it's exactly the same layout as the PH on the Crown. Just so you know, it does get noisy in the PH suites since you are right under the Lido deck, especially when they have parties or early in the morning when they are moving chairs.

THANK YOU for the QUICK reply......!!!!icon14.gif:)

And yes, in my research, I did read about the "noise" that could/can be a problem with these PH cabins.......

I guess I will find out......... :rolleyes: ;)

Guest LoveMyBoxer

Enjoy your PH, we did. We did get a letter the afternoon of the Island Party on deck letting us know of the expected excessive noise which could last until after midnight. It just seems a really silly place to place the PH suites if you ask me. Have fun!

Enjoy your PH, we did. We did get a letter the afternoon of the Island Party on deck letting us know of the expected excessive noise which could last until after midnight. It just seems a really silly place to place the PH suites if you ask me. Have fun!

May I ask you a question.....????

What was your cabin number.....???

When you look back, do you think that the location and or side of the ship a PH cabin is at, can it be more or less noisy....???

Just wondering............

I am in cabin R411 on the Crown on 10/13. I will take pictures and let you know how it was. Per another thread you can have all your meals in your cabin and never go to the dining room if you wish. The list of amenities is much longer than they show in the brochure. They make out with me because I would have go some of them with my elite status anyway.

Guest LoveMyBoxer

We had R402. I don't think it makes any difference on the cabin you are in. I'm not trying to scare you. We did enjoy our suite, especially the bathroom area. However, just wanted to let you know that if you are a light sleeper, you may want to bring ear plugs. DH and DS had not problem since they sleep deeply. It took me a little while to fall asleep. You will enjoy it however.

I am in cabin R411 on the Crown on 10/13. I will take pictures and let you know how it was. Per another thread you can have all your meals in your cabin and never go to the dining room if you wish. The list of amenities is much longer than they show in the brochure. They make out with me because I would have go some of them with my elite status anyway.

Guess what....???!!!:)

We are in R411 TOO.....!!!!:D

I look forward to reading your review.....!!!!:D

I ALWAYS book a "suite' type of cabin, I am a bit claustrophobic and the extra space helps TREMENDOUSLY.....!!!!:)

My FAVORITE cabin is an "AB" on the Norwegian Dawn. The Bathroom is just FABULOUS....!!!! Plus, you get a Butler, whose services we use quite often (ESPECIALLY when my DD and her BF cruise with us, they NEVER leave the cabin, so it is movies and meals 24/7......):D

We had R402. I don't think it makes any difference on the cabin you are in. I'm not trying to scare you. We did enjoy our suite, especially the bathroom area. However, just wanted to let you know that if you are a light sleeper, you may want to bring ear plugs. DH and DS had not problem since they sleep deeply. It took me a little while to fall asleep. You will enjoy it however.

Your advance "warning" is GREATLY APPRECIATED.....!!!:)

I guess we will find out next year..........;)

I was on the Crown in July when she was in NY and took pics-:D

I hope I did this right :eek:

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE PICTURES.....!!!:)

I DO APPRECIATE IT.....!!!icon14.gif:)

And, yes, you did it right.....!!!

The room looks VERY NICE.....!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Not sure exactly when you are going, but you might want to consider a PS suite if any are available. They are the same size as PH, but with a larger balcony (Aloha & Caribe aft -- I would not want L106/107 for many reasons), and no worries on the noise issues. When people say noise in the morning, they really mean in the wee hours -- deck chairs being pushed around & powerwashing...people who had a PH on our cruise in Oct were complaining about the noise and it was a Canada/New England itinerary (read: very little pool action). Just a thought. We were in A751 and it was awesome. You get a great view all the time due to being at the stern and it's a very quiet area of the ship because nobody is passing through (dead end). We have the same room booked for our next cruise, we loved it that much. The PS will also save you a bit, usually $100pp...which isn't a lot in terms of suite fares, but to save money AND be in a better location is a win-win for us.

Good luck & enjoy your cruise!

Suesan,

First, those are my pix on webshots that LoveMyBoxer directed you to. We were recently on the Emerald Princess (sister to the Crown) and I stuck my head in a couple of PH's when I got the chance. The suites are identical to the Caribbean Princess pix I posted.

Second, I would highly suggest you take jrw's suggestion, and change cabins, due to the noise issue. You really do not know how it will affect you until you are onboard. By that time, it is too late. Your vacation could be severely affected by the noise. Why take the chance?

We were in a PS on the Emerald. Essentially the same suite...no noise issues! Very happy cruisers, this time!!!

Good luck to you.

I just travelled on the Crown Princess and was in R411 as well. The cabin is great as well as all the suite services. But yes, you do hear a great deal of foot traffic above because you are so midship that everyone gets out of elevators on Lido and moves between the two pool areas.. there weren't many kids on this sailing so that help minimize the "running" - but yes, some noise is a reality.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for ALL your help....!!!icon14.gif:D

I am going to get a price quote for a "PS" Suite too.....:)

Do you have any pictures of a "PS"...???

Does it look EXACTLY the same.....????

Except of course for being at the back of the boat....

Is it OK back there...??? I worry about vibration, soot/smoke, a weird sensation by looking backwards.......:o

It seems like you liked yours though......

I just travelled on the Crown Princess and was in R411 as well. The cabin is great as well as all the suite services. But yes, you do hear a great deal of foot traffic above because you are so midship that everyone gets out of elevators on Lido and moves between the two pool areas.. there weren't many kids on this sailing so that help minimize the "running" - but yes, some noise is a reality.

R411??!! I recall enjoying a glass of wine with some great people in that cabin just last week:D Is this J or M??

how funny - it is M!!!

did you get the email I sent while we were on board? if not, I'll send it to the other email address!

hope you got home safe

I thought it was you:)

Yes I got the email. Thank you so much for doing that. I was just sitting here looking at the menu and thinking about what a great time we had at the Chef's Table.

I will be in touch very soon.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for ALL your help....!!!icon14.gif:D

I am going to get a price quote for a "PS" Suite too.....:)

Do you have any pictures of a "PS"...???

Does it look EXACTLY the same.....????

Except of course for being at the back of the boat....

Is it OK back there...??? I worry about vibration, soot/smoke, a weird sensation by looking backwards.......:o

Suesan Jean,

I had found photos of Crown A750 (mirror image of A751) on these boards prior to our cruise. Just do a search on A750 and you should find them. I saved some to my desktop at home (I'm not there right now), and we also took some ourselves of A751 (I don't post on photo sites, I just store my photos myself). If you'd like, I can email them to you...just let me know. The only "advantage" to a PH over a PS is the location. Cruise industry considers being midship as a premium location -- even if the specific location (as related to public areas, etc) is inferior. The size of a PH & a PS are the same, so it's not like you'd be losing out by moving "down" to a PS. Most on these boards prefer the aft PS suites to the PH on Crown (and whatever other ships have PH located under the pool deck -- not all do).

As for being at the stern, it is AWESOME! You have a wonderful view, seeing a lot more than being port or starboard, the balcony is deeper, and in general it is much more quiet & private being "back there". You also don't have any wind while "underway", which is nice. There is no smoke or soot, the stacks are not located near the cabins and any smoke/soot would rise way above (look at Crown photos, you will see where the stacks are and how high they rise). Some people (very few, from what I've seen/heard) don't like the "hum" of the ship's wake, but most people actually like it...it is not loud, it's more like white noise and some feel it helps them sleep. We really didn't even notice it, to be honest. The only time there was actual "noise" was coming in/out of port when the ship's thrusters are used. Those generate some noise/vibration, but it is very brief and not bothersome. Oh, and no weird sensation with the backward motion when looking off the balcony -- that never even occurred to me, and I guess it's because the ship moves relatively slowly (as compared with a car or train, where you'd definitely have that weird feeling riding backwards).

Read some posts by searching on "aft suite" and you'll find tons of info & comments. I think you'd be much happier & you'd save about $100pp -- that would cover something like Ultimate Balcony Dinner or some other indulgence ;)

Let me know if you want the photos emailed.

Renée

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for ALL your help....!!!

Well, without rewording jrw's response...

We were in C750 (and had friends in C751) on the Emerald Princess, and they were not EXACTLY the same, but close enough that it did not make any significant difference. I usually take pix and post for others to review, but since I felt the suites were CLOSE ENOUGH to the PH on Caribbean Princess, I did not bother with pix this time around.

I can state (as we saw) that the suite next door, C748 (and C749, I would assume) are EXACTLY like the Caribbean Princess PH suites.

The real difference between C750/C751 and C748/C749 is the location. C750/C751 balconies have the "dreaded beam" on them. However, I did not find the beam to be a bother or nuisance. C748/C749 balconies are a little deeper, thus a little larger, than C750/C751. I only mention the "dreaded beam" as it has taken on a life of its own on these boards. I do have pictures of our balcony and beam, and I will post, eventually...

However, I would never book C748 or C749 simply because they are next to a vent on the rear of the ship, and directly over a blank (ie, probable ship's machinery) area on the deck directly below. After our experience with the noise in the Caribbean Princess PH suite, I would take NO CHANCES being next to, or above/below, anything other than another cabin. Any intrusive noise from an adjoining cabin can be dealt with (by going to the Pursers Desk), while ship's machinery cannot!

And, who knows what stench will come out of those vents...I've read horror stories here!

The difference in balcony sizes is not worth risking my vacation, ever again!

You will feel vibration and noise while the ship is maneuvering in port, but not for any extended time. Movement of the ship under regular conditions will not be any more or less severe than anywhere else on the ship.

Soot and smoke are as jrw mentioned. And no...no weird "sensations." In fact, I would venture to say that once you try an aft suite/cabin, you will find them "sensational."

I just store my photos myself). If you'd like, I can email them to you...just let me know.

Let me know if you want the photos emailed.

Renée

I would LOVE to see the pictures....!!!:)

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.....!!!icon14.gif

My e-mail is: sjpolishprincess@aim.com

I DO APPRECIATE IT....!!!:D

I actually cancelled the Crown Princess cruise I first posted about last year. We will be cruising with the friends instead on the Norwegian Dream down to Boston.

So, now I am looking at a cruise on the Emerald Princess.....:D

Archived