Paradise Point in St.Thomas

Sunbeam56

We will be in St. Thomas in November for our 4th time. We did the Island Tour, Coral World, Walking in Charlotte Amalie.

We were thinking of going to Paradise Point. Being on the Crown Princess which will be docked, most likely, at Crown Bay, we will be on the other side of town.

Does anybody have an idea how much it costs by taxi to get to Paradise Point?

If I recall it was 15 or 20 bucks a person, I thought it was quite steep. The views are great but I didn't think it was worth the money.. Have you been over to St. John before, trunk bay etc? In my opinion

that is a must do.

we finally make the trip to st johns on our third time in st thomas. Only complaint was that we hadn't done it sooner. One of the prettiest islands that we had seen Did some snorkeling that wasn't anything special (guards told me it was rough and churned up, usually better), but just the sights from the roads we spectacular. Was a little concerned about doing on our own so went thru cuise line (Celebrity). Was no difference in cost than if we did it on our own, and the ferry came right to the boat. Very convenient. Do not know how Princess runs this tour.

Here is a brief description in the Excursion book

St. John Island Tour ($69) = 4 hours

Board a comfortable tour boat for the 45-minute ride to St. John.

Meet your driver and noard an open-safari bus on arrival.

You see beaches, Stop a t top of mountain return to Cruz Bay for shopping and the ferry ride back to St. Thomas.

I guess it would be worthwhile

We have also been to St. Thomas several times and I believe Paradise Point is a must see. They have a restaurant there and a few shops(nothing to write home about). Last year, we hired a taxi drive for the 12 of us who gave us a price and drove us wherever we wanted. It was an experience to drive up and down the road. You can also take a tram ride up to the top. This year we decided to book our own excursion(based on CC recommendations and booked a sailboat excursion with Ike Witt. Because there were 10 of us and his boat only accommodated 6, he made arrangements with a friend for us to sail together. It was really cool because the other captain was a female so we divided our group by sex. 5 males with Ike Witt and 5 females with his friend(memory is gone and can't remember her name :(). We left from St. Thomas and went to St. Johns were we snorkeled and were fed beverages and snacks. Those who didn't get a little woozy(I was one) really enjoyed the trip and would definately recommend this excursion. Check out his webiste at Ikewitt.com Both of the captains are originally from the states;)

Archived