As a gold C&A, can I get a different cabin at embark or onboard?

Hi Everyone.

Do you have any experience at all with this?

Question-Is there changing cabins/upgrading on Sovereign for C&A members once on ship?

My room is botton deck, last OV porthole room in back (aft) of ship, and I really don't like it. I think I am right above the staff/engine/propellers!

It was the ONLY cabin offered to me when I booked on their website, and it was pricey booking late. No guarantee offer/price either! I got the lat OV cabin! This is my 3rd RCL cruise, so I am a gold C&A member. Any chance I could be moved to a different (better) outside cabin once at chck-in or onboard if anyone dosn't show up by sailing time?

How would I do it, or can you give me ANY advice?

ANY experience you have had, good or otherwise would be appreciated!!!;)

Hi Everyone.

Do you have any experience at all with this?

Question-Is there changing cabins/upgrading on Sovereign for C&A members once on ship?

My room is botton deck, last OV porthole room in back (aft) of ship, and I really don't like it. I think I am right above the staff/engine/propellers!

It was the ONLY cabin offered to me when I booked on their website, and it was pricey booking late. No guarantee offer/price either! I got the lat OV cabin! This is my 3rd RCL cruise, so I am a gold C&A member. Any chance I could be moved to a different (better) outside cabin once at chck-in or onboard if anyone dosn't show up by sailing time?

How would I do it, or can you give me ANY advice?

ANY experience you have had, good or otherwise would be appreciated!!!;)

SOV generally sails full and even if it did not, do not expect an upgrade. If anyone gets one, it will very likely be a Diamond Plus member (25+ cruises). They are the only ones who are entitled to upgrades per the C&A member benefits.

Have fun!

When you check in ask for the pier coordinator, there is usually a desk. I tried and the price was the difference from what I paid and the current rate. I don't think it matters what C & A level it is a matter of first come/first serve. They will probably not have too much to offer though if the ship is sold out.

Next time use this tip--

When I look up a cruise on line to book and don't like the room selections, I give RCL a call and ask what else is available and there always seems to be choices.

There is no charge to talk to a real person and sometimes more efficient than the website.

It looks like there are 4 ocean view cabins now on the 7th deck forward. Obstructed view, but it's a window and not a porthole. This is for the 10/15/07 Sovereign cruise - if I have that right.

Thanks guys for reponses!

Queston please...do you think changing rooms from a 16" round porthole to a 25" X 37" large rectangular window with a 25% obstructed view would be a good move for $100? I'm on a budget.:rolleyes:

Has anyone had a porthole Vs large rectangle/OB?

THAT would be a very good thing to know quickly!:eek:

THANK YOU, THANK YOU FOR YOUR ADVICE!

Cindyd:rolleyes::)

Thanks guys for reponses!

Queston please...do you think changing rooms from a 16" round porthole to a 25" X 37" large rectangular window with a 25% obstructed view would be a good move for $100? I'm on a budget.:rolleyes:

Has anyone had a porthole Vs large rectangle/OB?

THAT would be a very good thing to know quickly!:eek:

THANK YOU, THANK YOU FOR YOUR ADVICE!

Cindyd:rolleyes::)

Is that 100$ per person or for the cabin? I would go for it but you know you own budget, will it deprive you of doing something else like an excursion,spa or something else you really want to do?

Be careful if the cabin is on deck 7. That is the deck that goes completely around the ship. Deck 7 cabins will look out at the area , then to the ocean. You will need to keep the curtain closed at most ALL times as anyone walking by can see in your room.

I’ve sailed the Sovereign many times and have sailed on every deck EXCEPT 7. Perhaps someone who has sailed on the deck can offer first hand experience.

M

You are right Sue, thanks for making me think about it unemotionally. :rolleyes:

Yes, I need that other money! As long as I have daylight in the cabin in a.m. adn meet some nice people (I am traveling SOLO) I will be just great!

Thanks for your kindness!!! :p

;) With your last comment, I am convinced.

It's Ok to be a the ship bottom, I'll spend all my time at the top anyway. No, I don't want to close my curtain at all. That would be like an inside room!

Thank you!

Cindy D

Be careful if the cabin is on deck 7. That is the deck that goes completely around the ship. Deck 7 cabins will look out at the area , then to the ocean. You will need to keep the curtain closed at most ALL times as anyone walking by can see in your room.

I’ve sailed the Sovereign many times and have sailed on every deck EXCEPT 7. Perhaps someone who has sailed on the deck can offer first hand experience.

M

I have sailed in one of Majesty's deck seven rooms. I was NOT a happy cruiser. We had to keep the curtains closed at all times night and day. Why have an ocean view room when you can't open the curtains? Furthermore, a cigarette butt container was just outside our window. Whenever I pushed back a curtain to look out, some one was there right outside our window snuffing out cigarettes.

And more, that deck has lights all night except for the forward-most part whch is not lit. So we had to keep the curtains closed tightly to keep that bright light from shining in.

All that said, Hubby actually liked Deck Seven because he could just go right out a nearby door and take a walk or look out at the ocean. But on that subject, Deck Seven has signs here and there that say, "No power walking or jogging between 10:00PM and 10:00AM." Well, those signs do not stop anybody. We saw people jogging out there at almost all hours including three in the morning!

I will never stay on Deck Seven of Majesty again. These rooms are not billed as having "obstructed views" but I feel they certainly are obstructed because you have to keep your curtains closed, so where is the view? A Deck Two porthole would be better.

Archived