Bequia - We Need Your Help, Please!!

zelly2

:) Hello Bequia:

I posted on an existing thread and was told to ask you as you are the expert.

We are looking to book cruise in Feb. 2008 out of Miami on Celebrity or others -- still pricing. Our air is cheaper for Ft. Lauderdale at this time.

:confused: Questions as to best and cheapest way to get from FLL to MIA --

1. Should we book a hotel the day before in FLL with free airport shuttle and get a shuttle to MIA the next morning?

2. Should we book a hotel in MIA and get shuttle, etc. to MIA from FLL airport? Would like hotel with free shuttle to port of MIA.

3. Our return flight will be out of MIA -- what is best way to travel back to FLL airport when we leave the ship?

Please give us names of shuttles, hotels with free shuttles and any other info you can to help us in our planning. We are trying to see how much everything will cost in Feb. 2008 or perhaps try different dates.

Thank you so much for your help and kindness.:cool:

We are looking to book cruise in Feb. 2008 out of Miami on Celebrity or others -- still pricing. Our air is cheaper for Ft. Lauderdale at this time.

1. Should we book a hotel the day before in FLL with free airport shuttle and get a shuttle to MIA the next morning?

2. Should we book a hotel in MIA and get shuttle, etc. to MIA from FLL airport? Would like hotel with free shuttle to port of MIA.

3. Our return flight will be out of MIA -- what is best way to travel back to FLL airport when we leave the ship?

Please give us names of shuttles, hotels with free shuttles and any other info you can to help us in our planning. We are trying to see how much everything will cost in Feb. 2008 or perhaps try different dates.

I am not Bequia.. but rates in Miami for hotels that time of year are pretty high.. we have booked the Hyatt for Jan 08 thru priceline for $150.. you maybe better off getting a hotel in FLL for the night and renting a car.. I do not believe any hotels in FLL have shuttles to POM..

You could always compare the prices of a hotel and transportation from FLL to POM.. versus hotel in Miami downtown.. there are no hotels (downtown) with a free shuttle (that I know of).. cab fare runs about 10 -15 bucks to the pier.

I prefer getting all of my travel out of the way when I travel, so I'd opt for a hotel in Miami. Basing your hotel choice on a free shuttle will limit your choices. I'd go with properties your fellow cruisers have recommended, the Marriott, Continental or Hyatt. If your traveling alone the most economical way back to FLL is the cruiselines shuttle bus. If your with a group, a taxi may be a better bet. In truth, a car rental is the most economical.

Archived