We are newbies

jmaze

Hello all. Might sound dumb, but I want to know how you get priority boarding like I read somebody else had. I'd much rather be on the ship at 11:00 than 1:00 - 3:00. ALSO, can you take any beer or soda on board or only wine/champagne? My hubby loves his beer and I want to have money for souveniers.

You get priority boarding by either staying in a category 11 or 12 suite, or by sailing with Carnival 10 or more times.

As for beer and soda - a "reasonable quantity" of soda is allowed. Beer must be smuggled at your own risk.

Welcome.

I think the only way to get priority boarding is to either have sailed 10 times, or book a cat. 11 or 12 (suites).

With permission, you can only carry on 1 bottle (no size limit mentioned ;)) of wine or champagne per person.

You can also carry on "small amounts" of soda, water and juices. I have read of people using soda boxes for carrying on beer. The general consensus, however, is that if you put it in your checked luggage you'll probably be fine.

jmaze, Welcome!! We usually get to the terminal around 10:30 A.M. or so, and are usually on-board with the hour, except for our first cruise, then we did what our documents said.

What and when are you sailing?

Matt

Even with priority boarding, it would be doubtful you would get on at 11:00 (remember, the people from the week before will need to get off, and the staff will be preparing for the new batch of cruisers)... if you are in a wedding party, you will likely get on around that time... We generally arrive between 10:30-11 and are usually on the ship by noon...

Hello to you too Mattmdv. We are going on the Lengend Thanksgiving week. 11/18 - 11/25. Saw you were on the Legend once. What did you think?

Welcome! Let me butt in here.....we were on the Legend 3 times and really enjoyed the ship each time!:D

Welcome aboard!!

The other folks have pretty much covered everything.

Lots of folks bring drinks (beer, sodas) on board in their checked luggage. I did on my last cruise and it was never a problem.

I brought along a soft sided cooler and my room steward (not STEWART... ;)) Miguel kept it full of ice for me.

Have a great time on your cruise and enjoy the message boards!

Archived