Shade at Coki Beach

patca

We love Coki Beach. There are palm trees along the beach that can provide shade. You can also rent unbrellas and chairs. The umbrella's come in handy when the tropical rain showers hit. We usually have so much fun in the water with the fish that the umbrella stands by itself!. Go to the right side and enjoy the millions of tropical fish. They sell dog bisquits to feed the fish.

oc pat

Dogs eat dog biscuits, feeding marine life food not normal to their diet may harm them.

--Islander

Islander??

I haven't seen you post in a while. I agree with you about the dog biscuits for the fish. It's fun to see the fish, but I worry about them eating such a thing.

We come to St. Thomas again with friends in January and want to do something different. I would like them to see St. John. Is it OK to take the ship's tour on a catamaran, or do you recommend someone for a private tour? Help.

Hello Alice,

You could do the ship excursion for the convenience. If you wanted to have more flexibility or have a more private trip you could go a private charter route. Nothing wrong with either, both ways you get to see beautiful St. John and have a relaxing day - up to you which way to go about it. ;)

--Islander

Merci' Looks like we're going to do the ship's tour. Our friends will be with us in January and that's what they would enjoy. We'll be there in November and will go to the beach. No dog biscuits for the fish.

The beaches that are popular with cruise passengers; Magens, Coki and Sapphire, will get busy on days when there are multiple ships in port. If you head to one of the other beaches on the island then you avoid some of the cruise ship crowd.

What are you looking for at the beach (snorkeling, food/drink, watersports...)?

--Islander

Islander,

Do you or yours do any tours in St. Thomas? You are such a spokesperson for the island. I love St. Thomas. We enjoy St. Martin, too. Princess has done an injustice to the island by changing to Crown Bay. The passengers are better served at the other dock. Some just want to walk and shop and really don't want to spend $8 a person to start the process. It's too bad. They should supply a shuttle to town for people to shop.

You, my friend, have been fantastic with your patient, well versed information on your lovely island. Thank you very much.

Islander I hope you can help me with this. My DH and I were married on the Carnival Destiny last January when it was docked in St. Thomas. We're going on a cruise for our anniversary and we go back to St. Thomas on that special day. Any suggestions as to what we can do to celebrate our anniversary? We were thinking about having lunch at that Herve Restaurant and maybe going up to Paradise Point or to a nice quiet beach to relax. But I just don't know forsure. I want to make it special. Please help:)

AliceS - Appreciate your comments. I don't give tours. Glad to hear you enjoy STT. You might consider writing a letter with your suggestions and comments to the Port Authority, they manage the Crown Bay dock. Here is their website http://www.viport.com/.

MarriedinSTT - Herve's is a lovely restaurant. If you contact them before and let them know of the occasion perhaps they can help make it special with the best table, flowers - something. Quiet beach in the afternoon sounds great. If you go to Paradise Point sometimes they have a live band, you could check their website for schedule/information - maybe they could play you guy's song if you have one ;).

--Islander

Hello golfer1966,

You could try Secret Habor or Cowpet, both have good snorekling from shore and are not popular with cruise passengers so usually aren't as crowded as the beaches that are (Magens, Coki & Sapphire). They both have restaruant on site for food/drinks. Cowpet has a watersports booth if you were interested in renting kayaks or other water toys. Snorkel along the right side at Secret Harbor and at Cowpet the good snorkeling is on the left side toward the point (directions are when facing the water).

--Islander

Hello golfer1966,

You could try Secret Habor or Cowpet, both have good snorekling from shore and are not popular with cruise passengers so usually aren't as crowded as the beaches that are (Magens, Coki & Sapphire). They both have restaruant on site for food/drinks. Cowpet has a watersports booth if you were interested in renting kayaks or other water toys. Snorkel along the right side at Secret Harbor and at Cowpet the good snorkeling is on the left side toward the point (directions are when facing the water).

--Islander

I will print this out and take it with us in January.!!

we have our own equipement and we will be on the Amsterdam in dec and would like to snorkel...... your description of Cowpet beach sounded great ! would getting a taxi back to the ship be a problem?

thanks ! ( i worry about being stranded!)

Hello xeena,

Cowpet is surrounded by, close to several condo developments and resorts. There are always taxis in the area. At Cowpet, taxis aren't usually lined up but there are typically one or two waiting around. If there are not you can ask the folks at the watersports booth or at the restaurant or the Elysian Resort lobby to call a taxi for you. You can also take the card/telephone number for the taxi that drops you to Cowpet so you could call them.

--Islander

Archived