store near the pier in San Juan

gregandto

We will be on the Crown for the October 27th sailing, does anyone know if there is a store near the port that sells liquor, wine, champagne and such. Also is there any store near the port that sells things like lotion, toiletries etc. I believe we are departing from pier 4. We are flying into SJU on the 27th thought it would be nice to buy things on the way to the ship, since the airlines are so strict on weight.

Silly question but I will ask anyways.

If we buy some champagne at a store in San Juan and bring it back on board in just our carryon will it be taken and stored until the end of the cruise?

Are we better off stopping at the store before we check-in and put the champagne in our checked bags and then give them to the porters?

Rob,

From prior posts, people usually have their wine and champagne in their carry-on and it goes through. Liquor is the "hit or miss" and if you want to bring it on board, then it's probably safer to place in your checked bag at the dock.

See you in a few weeks.:)

We will be on the Crown for the October 27th sailing, does anyone know if there is a store near the port that sells liquor, wine, champagne and such. Also is there any store near the port that sells things like lotion, toiletries etc. I believe we are departing from pier 4. We are flying into SJU on the 27th thought it would be nice to buy things on the way to the ship, since the airlines are so strict on weight.

We left for the Crown out of San Juan, Pier 4 earlier this year. We were surprised AT the port there was liquor stores outside of their stores encouraging people to buy liquor (even giving free samples) right near the security people checking in the bags. Bought liquor and wine..it passed ...through...no problem...we were surprised I'm sure like other people too.

Archived