What to do with the 13 year old

jmaze

I know they have kids carnival, but really, other than the water slide is there anything my son will really get a kick out of on the Legend? Is there anything on this ship that he or us "the parents" really need to experience?:D

Oh Boy ,thats A Good One. There Is Lots Do Do As A Family. My Son And I Played Vollyball Shuffle Board, Basketball, Surviver And Many More. There Is Lots To Do, Just Go Over Your Capers And All You Have To Do Is Be There And Be A Part Of It.

Key Word Be A Part Of It, Dont Sit The Side Lines. Get Up There And Make Your Self Be Part Of The Show.

Have A Great Cruise And Enjoy.:d

Oh Boy ,thats A Good One. There Is Lots Do Do As A Family. My Son And I Played Vollyball Shuffle Board, Basketball, Surviver And Many More. There Is Lots To Do, Just Go Over Your Capers And All You Have To Do Is Be There And Be A Part Of It.

Key Word Be A Part Of It, Dont Sit The Side Lines. Get Up There And Make Your Self Be Part Of The Show.

If it were a cruise critic group cruise I would have him and his friends go in the adults only hot tub, and tape it from a far and see who shows up first to toss them out LOL That would be fun to post

LMAO!!!!

:p

Yeh he could play basketball, go swimming, hit up the arcade. The Legend has this really cool walkway that looks like a forest. The GIGABYTES :) :) arcade is located in the middle of this walkway up the stairs. It is such a cool hangout for kids. Also have him go to the Camp carnival meeting the first day and he will likely meet lots of new friends. You'll be lucky to see him after that..LOL:)

We're going on the Freedom in Jan and our daughter will be turning 13 the day after we leave the ship. She is adament about not going to camp carnival because it's babyish according to her. I'm hoping they have special things going on for the tweens age group. I understand why they don't want them in with the older teens but they also don't belong with camp carnival. I would have thought on this ship carnival would have given them their own hang out place.

Have your son go to the meet and greet the first night, even if he doesnt plan on joining in on any of the camp stuff he will meet kids his age to hang out with. our dd's go each cruise and have never gone without making tons of friends to hang out with, they end up spending more time withe them than us LOL

yes it will cost $$ for the arcade, we put money on thier s&s card and when that ran out, sorry about your luck!! The gigabyte arcade is just a big hangout, they have arcade machines, air hockey, a "bar" for pop and stuff, tv screens and a dance floor.

We're going on the Freedom in Jan and our daughter will be turning 13 the day after we leave the ship. She is adament about not going to camp carnival because it's babyish according to her. I'm hoping they have special things going on for the tweens age group. I understand why they don't want them in with the older teens but they also don't belong with camp carnival. I would have thought on this ship carnival would have given them their own hang out place.

I believe there is an age group of "tweens." I think it's 13-15?

Our son always meets af reind either in the CC area or the arcade.

He's probably too "cool" for CC as well, and will most likely end up making friends in the arcade.

He will have a bunch of cousins with him this trip for the first time, so that'll lessen the need for him to immediately locate a cruise friend to replace us with for the week! (We basically saw him for not much more than dinner last year.)

I love the hot tub idea btw!

Archived