Summit "waiting for the light"

Kane

Our TA got a small group an invitation to an "inspection" while the Summit was in town for the day ... basically a tour, sales pitch, and free lunch. While walking down from my office, I took the following snapshot of the Summit "waiting for the light" (nothing Photo-shopped except for the ship name). :)

2pod2d2.jpg

Interesting stuff:

X has started a new program for "inspectors": We were allowed to make an on-board reservation for a future cruise as if we were "real" passengers. Basically a $100 deposit on a future cruise with no expiration date ... with shipboard credits depending upon the cost of the cruise eventually booked.

Now for the really interesting item:

Apparently some European consolidator reneged on a block of 100 cabins on a 14-day cruise later this year on the Mercury. The price was irresistable: less than $100 per diem. They are going/went fast ... I noticed all the veranda cabins were sold out by this morning.

They told us it was only valid for residents of Hawaii. I don't know whether it's "marketing" and they make similar TX, IN, SD, FL, etc. offers but I do know that our only other X voyage (to Alaska) was one of these "HI resident" deals. Maybe we are the "dumping ground" for failed bookings ... if so, I sure hope they keep "dumping".

We also get a special deal annually from Crystal ... Honolulu to Hong Kong. Maybe it's all just a cruise line plot to keep us from immigrating to "America". ;)

Archived