mixers and jello shots?

LegalCat

So.. this is a first for me... we are going on Fascination on Oct 19 all girls group... we are leaving our hubbies and kids home and gonna spend the whole weekend partying, woohoo, we wont bother people I promise, lol...

Anyway, one of the girls just asked me, can we make jello shots... at first I said uhh... no... were on a cruise.. lol

But then I started thinking about it... and now I dont see why not...

Originally I had each girl responsible for bringing one bottle each onboard so we could set up bar... no one wanted to do that so instead we ended up with each person paying $40 cash to me and then me buying whatever I thought we would need from Carnival, more expensive yep, but a lot less hastle especially since everyone chipped in $40 each.

So im thinking... jello shots... you need jello powder, hot water, alcohol, little cups, and a fridge... well, we have at least one fridge in the cat 12... we will have alcohol.... we can bring jello powder and little cups... so all we need is hot water which we can get on the lido from where you make tea...

sounds like it would actually work... anyone see any holes in this plan? Anyone know anyone thats ever done it?

Im thinking of getting two cheap plastic jugs from party city and putting those in my bag... that way we can use one to mix the jello and also can use it to get a jug of juice or punch to make drinks in the bar.. I mean.. cabin...

I'm going to do a tiki bar theme with my decorations.

Just remember toothpicks to ease those little suckers out of the cups. :)

Oooh nooo we have these very special little jello shot cups that are just little darlings and the jello POPS right out with no prying at all...

so we are planning bacardi coconut rum with pineapple jello... special request, lol

Just a thought to save space, but you may want to try it at home first. You could take large ziplock or freezer bags to shake the jello in and then lay it on the fridge shelf. Then cut open the bag and slice it up on a plate into squares. Did you get the new strawberry daquiri and margarita flavours of jello that were out this summer? Pitchers will not fit under the lido deck dispensers and it would look really obvious what you are doing so I don't know if the wait staff might say something.

Just a thought to save space, but you may want to try it at home first. You could take large ziplock or freezer bags to shake the jello in and then lay it on the fridge shelf. Then cut open the bag and slice it up on a plate into squares. Did you get the new strawberry daquiri and margarita flavours of jello that were out this summer? Pitchers will not fit under the lido deck dispensers and it would look really obvious what you are doing so I don't know if the wait staff might say something.

Thats a great idea about the ziploc.... although my friend Trisha is sold on her tiny cups with their tiny lids, lol- I dont know that the staff will care... I dont know... Ive been on a dozen cruises, half of them on the Fascination.. Ive never found the staff to be overly involved if they dont have to be.. I'm willing to take the chance on that... alternatively we plan to be overly nice to the steward and we are paying Carnival for the alcohol so I'm sure it wont be a problem to get some one to give us a pitcher of juice if we need it...

I bought the "suck and blow" jello shooter containers, we are making them and packing them in ice... we'll make more during the week using a coffee maker for boiling water, and a cooler full of ice... we generally have a few in the group that make them at home, pack them in ice and bring them as well in the little cups with the little lids :D

So.. this is a first for me... we are going on Fascination on Oct 19 all girls group... we are leaving our hubbies and kids home and gonna spend the whole weekend partying, woohoo, we wont bother people I promise, lol...

Anyway, one of the girls just asked me, can we make jello shots... at first I said uhh... no... were on a cruise.. lol

But then I started thinking about it... and now I dont see why not...

Originally I had each girl responsible for bringing one bottle each onboard so we could set up bar... no one wanted to do that so instead we ended up with each person paying $40 cash to me and then me buying whatever I thought we would need from Carnival, more expensive yep, but a lot less hastle especially since everyone chipped in $40 each.

So im thinking... jello shots... you need jello powder, hot water, alcohol, little cups, and a fridge... well, we have at least one fridge in the cat 12... we will have alcohol.... we can bring jello powder and little cups... so all we need is hot water which we can get on the lido from where you make tea...

sounds like it would actually work... anyone see any holes in this plan? Anyone know anyone thats ever done it?

Im thinking of getting two cheap plastic jugs from party city and putting those in my bag... that way we can use one to mix the jello and also can use it to get a jug of juice or punch to make drinks in the bar.. I mean.. cabin...

I'm going to do a tiki bar theme with my decorations.

That sounds like fine man I wish I was going on the ship I would have to chip in to be apart of that I have never had Jello shots before but I have heard about them before what a great way to start a party :D

I bought the "suck and blow" jello shooter containers, we are making them and packing them in ice... we'll make more during the week using a coffee maker for boiling water, and a cooler full of ice... we generally have a few in the group that make them at home, pack them in ice and bring them as well in the little cups with the little lids :D

i respect you in a whole new way now:)

remember bacardi 151.....thats the way to go:D

We make Jello shots all of the time. Order hot water from room service, they will bring it in a coffee urn, so you will have plenty of hot water. I would definately go with the small cups with lids, they make it really easy. Try flavors that go well together. Lime with tequila, lime with gin, tropical flavors with different flavor rums, cranberry and vodka, cranberry and jagermister(sp?), also try Watermelon pucker, coconut rum and pineapple jello (I think its the best). Save one jello shot for me!!!

Have a great trip!!

I have tried Jello Shots before and liked them, but I have never made them myself. How much alcohol do you add, and do you subtract a portion of the water to allow for the alcohol? Did that make sense?

:D

The standard jello reciepe calls for 1 cup of hot water to dissolve the jello mix, 1 cup of tap water. When making jello shots, use the alcohol for the 1 cup of tap water.

Having been on a cruise or two we have also have made Jello shots before. I get a large white ice bucket from the bar, the one that a bucket of beer would come in, to mix the jello. And the hot water I get from the coffee machines on lido. The fridges are not very well chilled so allow exta time for the jello to set.

Having been on a cruise or two we have also have made Jello shots before. I get a large white ice bucket from the bar, the one that a bucket of beer would come in, to mix the jello. And the hot water I get from the coffee machines on lido. The fridges are not very well chilled so allow exta time for the jello to set.

Thanks everyone.

I figured we would make the jello shots as soon as we get to the room and then maybe have them for the next day ... i gues ssince we have the little cups with lids we can bring a soft sided cooler and stock it with ice..

This is great... 8 married women heading off for a weekend of nonsense, lol... why are there only 2 other people in our roll call damnit!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

i respect you in a whole new way now:)

remember bacardi 151.....thats the way to go:D

ROFLMAO!! Well, we got hooked on the S&B's at Razoo in New Orleans, so I was happy to find them... should make for an interesting cruise!! And yes, 151 Rocks!!!!!!!!

What a great idea! I'm going on a girls-only trip next weekend (22 of us to a tennis resort in Florida)... this sounds completely do-able for us. I think I will surprise everyone :D .

22 thats awesome!! I started with 8 but we are down to 7... hoping to replacing the cancelled person but its getting down to the wire... wish we could have gotten more people but Im a workaholic, Im lucky I have 7 women I could invite, lol

I am also decorating the "party room" with tiki bar theme stuff from the party store...

That sounds like fine man I wish I was going on the ship I would have to chip in to be apart of that I have never had Jello shots before but I have heard about them before what a great way to start a party :D

Its not to late to join us!!!!!!!!!!!

Just remember toothpicks to ease those little suckers out of the cups. :)

TOOTHPICKS??? I use my tongue!;) We happened to have had about 200 last night here for my 40TH B-Day party. We had Green Apple Jello with Vodka, Green Apple with Rum, Strawberry with Malibu Rum, and Lime with Tequila. I believe there are 10 left. Yep -- Head hurts a bit!! :o

Heck -- I may have to take a few with me next week.

Does anyone know....if you mixed everything for the jello shots, put it in a soda bottle, took it to the ship, 2 days later poured the liquid into cups and put in fridge....would they be okay??? Would they set??

What?!?!?! I think the jello would solidify in the soda bottle as one giant jello shot.....?!?!

But I wouldn't put it in the fridge....so it would be room temperature, then pour the liquid into cups and THEN put in fridge.

Yes, but Jello still has gelatin in it :p I just don't see it working out very well, I think it will eventually not get all the way solid, but it should start to gel.

Archived