All About Liberty Of The Seas!

We've sailed both Liberty of the Seas and her sister ship Freedom of the Seas. We are booked on Independence of the Seas November 2008. That is how much we like the Freedom Class of ships.

On Freedom we had an ocean view room on Deck Two and really liked it, but we treated ourselves to a "hump" balcony on Liberty. That was so great because the room seemed so much larger, plus having a balcony was a true luxury for us.

A favorite hangout of ours was the Prominade Cafe where sandwiches and pastries are served and you can buy a variety of coffees and teas. We like to sit and watch folks walking by out in the Prominade.

Another favorite place of mine is the bleachers around the Flow Rider. That is a great spot to watch as the ship leaves port. The view from there is fantastic.

Something very special is the ice skating show which is held three or four times during the week at night. We went twice we enjoyed it so much. You need to have tickets to see the show because seating is limited. It is also a little chilly in this rink, so bring a wrap. The tickets are free.

The gym is surely the best equipped on a cruise ship. It even has a boxing ring and punching bags.

The theater is large and comfortable. The production shows are quite elaborate because the stage is big and even has an orchestra pit that moves up and down. The lighting effects are very good.

I'll let others tell you what they found to be special about Liberty. I hope you like it as much as we did.

On Freedom we had an ocean view room on Deck Two and really liked it, but we treated ourselves to a "hump" balcony on Liberty. That was so great because the room seemed so much larger, plus having a balcony was a true luxury for us.

I am very glad that you told me about this because my mother has booked a "hump" balcony so she will be glad ot know they feel a bit bigger than the normal balconies.

We enjoyed our trip so much and still wish we were still on it.

We liked sitting up at Olive or Twist (Viking Crown) during sail aways and at night - we had full moons a couple nights that really reflected off of the water.

We too liked the sandwiches at the promenade cafe and the pizza / salads at sorrentos each night before bed or for a quick snack throughout the day.

Liked the flowrider - hurt a little because I'm so darned clumsy because I kept tumbling. But everything is padded for the most part.

The solarium pool and the whirlpools over the side of the ship were great. It was the first time in all of our cruises that we spent time at the pool. We also liked that there was a bar / chairs in the middle of the pool under the bridge. Nice touch and shaded!

The gym had a boxing ring in it - we didn't use it but thought it might be fun to try.

There is a bar near that skating rink that they played football games at so you could get your fix if you wanted it.

It was such an incredible vacation and I'm still sad that we've been back a week already. Why can't I just pick up the phone and call room service anymore??? :D

Fantastic ship, fantastic crew...no end to the party! Am really into PCD right now, can't wait to get back on her or any Freedom class, but Voyager in April will do just as well, just no FlowRider. I love the bigger ships and will be on Genesis Inaugural in 2009~

The architecture and decor on this ship is non-parallelled in my opinion. When you go, be sure to be very observant and don't miss any of the "real" art hanging on the walls all over the ship. Skip the art auction and see some really gorgeous pieces.

Vintages wine bar is another good place to be during all the promenade activities. It is never crowded and pretty quiet and they will make any drink for you besides wine. The staff there are exceptional. And I second the food comments about the Cafe. I loved the food there, especially the Panninis. And I can't say enough about Bolero's. Pretty quiet for a bar and with lovely live acqoustic guitar playing and the best Mojito's ever consumed anywhere!!! Try one, you'll love them! Since this bar is on deck 4 instead of in the hubbub on the promenade, it is under visited and quiet too.

And don't miss Johnny Rockets. Their food was great! Just go early! Don't miss Chops and/or Porto's, wonderful dining experience! Enjoy your cruise while I remain green...with envy!

Anybody who doesn't like and enjoy a week on this ship???......well...:rolleyes:

I was on Freedom of the Seas in July 2006, and the following year I was on Liberty of the Seas in July 2007. I find the two ships very similar. The only part that I noticed changed was the location of the Loyalty Ambassador. On Freedom of the Seas, it was on deck 6 in an office type setting. I looked and there was the same thing on Liberty of the Seas, but the Loyalty Ambassador moved. It was on Deck 5 connected to Cafe Promenade aft. It was very nice on Liberty of the Seas. There were nice chairs to wait in. Usually there were two Loyalty Ambassadors, and they both had laptops. They would look up the price of the cruise that you wanted. Prices were directly from Royal Caribbean, so there was no special price. Although, there was an extra added onboard credit which is why we booked it onboard.

We decided on Liberty of the Seas for July 2008 at first, but we were thinking about Adventure of the Seas. I know it's an older ship, but I wanted to see the exotic Southern Caribbean. I thought it would be nice to fly to San Juan for a change. Liberty of the Seas was nearly $2,000 more for the Grand Suite. We got the hump cabin on Adventure of the Seas. It was the Grand Suite. They were trying to build up the Grand Suite on the hump, and said that it went quickly. We thought it would be neat because you get an extended view. So, we went for it. :) The down side to Liberty was that it was the same old islands that we've been to many times. I've been on the Eastern and Western Caribbean several times. I went on the Western on Freedom of the Seas. I was on the Eastern on Liberty of the Seas. I liked the Western better for some reason. Maybe because we pulled into San Juan kinda late.

I do have a couple stories. Well, probably more than a couple. James Andrews was our cruise director on both our cruises. We saw him on San Juan when we were on Liberty of the Seas and said hi. It was weird that he remembered us. Did you know the cruise directors work out in the fitness area too? My dad works out everyday. I usually do too. Anyway, James Andrews was in the fitness area bench pressing. My dad and James Andrews bench pressed together. He said that they didn't say one word to each other, they just pressed. I thought it was interesting. I guess a cruise director has got to be in shape to take on the crowd, huh?

Ricardo from Mexico was great. (We didn't meet Ricardo at first. The concierge lounge was crowded on the first day. I thought Ricardo looked a bit weird with his goatee on his face. Looked a little scary at first. But, he talked to us, and he was very friendly.) He was the concierge at the concierge lounge. We had Francois Roux for a concierge on Freedom of the Seas. So, we asked if he knew Francois? He said he sure does. Wow, I was surprised. Ricardo said that he bought a million dollar house in Brazil. So, apparently he won't be on any cruise ships for a while. I remember talking to Francois last year, he loved to travel the world. I couldn't believe how much energy he had after working on a moving cruise ship for so long.

That's enough for now. I could probably type all day about Freedom of the Seas and Liberty of the Seas.

We just got back a few weeks ago.

I was expecting less, based on the size of ship but we were pleasantly surprised.

We are not "foodies" buy my boyfriend commented that the food was the best we have had to date.:) :)

I loved the gym, johnny rockets, promenade cafe and my new favorite bar was the olive or twist (great atmosphere at night).

Loved the ice show.

Not too crazy about the rccl shows - great singers just not my cup of tea.

dining staff - awesome

Cabin steward - couldn't of asked for better

Staff in general were awesome.

We went a couple of weeks after dean so we were worried about the weather. We had hot sunny days with the exception of a late day shower in Jamaica.

Can you tell I loved this cruise????

• 4 weeks later...

We were on the October 6th sailing of the Liberty. In regards to the RCCL production shows, you would have experienced the new cast of performers. On our sailing, all of the cast was leaving as they have been on the ship since its inception. A new cast was onboard and performed their very first show on the last night of our cruise.

Ken Rush made it sound like an historic moment - being able to see 2 casts on the same sailing. I think the new cast needs time to 'gel'. There was a marked difference between the 2 with the old cast seeming very comfortable and the new ones appearing stiff.

I am sure this will be worked out in short order.

I just booked our Liberty cruise today! We sail out next September, got a great price plus used our C & A coupon! We booked a promanade cabin like we had on the Mariner!

Keep the stories coming! I'm so excited I can't stand it!!!!!:D

Anyone have any pros or cons on PR cabin #7315?

Archived