dress code

darbysue

I say, let the young man wear "clean" jeans of not the baggy type, a nice button shirt and enjoy his cruise.

Jo in AZ

Dawn Princess 11/25/07.....

Golden Princess 4/26/08.....

Amen Jo, just because someone wears jeans, it does not make the food bad, or the room change. There are just too many snobs who think because someone is not in a suit and tie they are beneath them. I am the same person in my tux as I am in jeans and a polo shirt. The old saying really does apply here, DON'T JUDGE A BOOK BY IT'S COVER

Can't the young man borrow a jacket from someone? Some he knows must have a sports coat or suit coat. Even if its not a perfect fit I think he will be dressed 'properly' for formal night. I often see the younger set with a jacket, slacks, shirt and tie rather than the tux or suit.

He could offer to have the jacket cleaned when he returns home. So even if he is not the most careful packer the jacket will be returned to its owner in good shape.

Just an FYI, while on the new Emerald Princess this September for 21 days I did see them actually turn people away from all of the Anytime Dining Rooms and also in there "firendly reminder speeches" throughout the day when it was Formal Night make reference to a Jacket and Tie being worn in all of the Dining Rooms.

Also at the Front of all of the Dining Rooms was a sign posted about No jeans, T-shirts and also Jacket and Tie required. Generoso the Maitre'd was enforcing the Dress Code and his replacement Silvio Ziamperri was also.

Just a thought for those who wanted to know....

Sircruisealott;)

Archived