Crib

Yindella

I am going to be on the Carnival Legend 10/6. I requested for a crib. Do they actually have cribs or is it a pack and play? I have a 6 month old, he will be 8 months when we go on the cruise. He is really good but don't know when he is going to teeth or if it is going to be a problem then. Keeping my fingers crossed.

We have been on four Carnival cruises with our little ones, and we have had the same type of crib for each cruise. You can see some photos of the crib under the link in my signature below, "Two Little Sailors," then click on "Boarding in Charleston." Their cribs are Cosco Porta-cribs, which are the same size as a Pack N Play. They're made of plastic but surprisingly sturdy. Benjamin slept in one the week he turned 9 months with no problems. Hope you have a great cruise!

Jamine

Jamine,

Thanks for your reply. Your photos are great. Your little boy has been on more cruises than I have. This is our 4th cruise and 1st with our little Kyle.

We are stopping at Puerto Rico, St. Thomas and Tortola. Would you go on any of shore excursions with a 8 month old? I would like to visit St. John and the baths at Virgin Gorda. Do you think it's too long and too much stuff to bring on a bus? I thought I'll ask an expert!

Yin

• 5 months later...
We have been on four Carnival cruises with our little ones, and we have had the same type of crib for each cruise. You can see some photos of the crib under the link in my signature below, "Two Little Sailors," then click on "Boarding in Charleston." Their cribs are Cosco Porta-cribs, which are the same size as a Pack N Play. They're made of plastic but surprisingly sturdy. Benjamin slept in one the week he turned 9 months with no problems. Hope you have a great cruise!

Jamine

Thank you so much for having photos of the cribs! Do all Carnival cruises have these portable cribs as opposed to pack n' plays? We are concerned about cruising with our baby because we thought all cruises have either only pack n' plays or transitioning to pack n' plays -- my son does not sleep well in them; so we figured we'd just wait until he is old enough to sleep in a rollaway (with a portable side railing). But your post now makes me consider Carnival!

We tried Carnival the first time Feb last year. Booked six months in advance and requested crib at the time. Crib was not in our room when we arrived, we asked our room attendent twice and eventually went to "Customer Service". Crib never showed up. Our little girl was 9 months old at the time. We wound up turning the couch around to face the wall to create a make shift crib. If you use Carnival, make sure to stick to them about your crib.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a thought, we are traveling Carnival later this month with 2 kids. We will have 2 lower beds and 2 bunks. Our girls are 9 and 2 1/2. Dad is going to sleep on a bunk along with the 9yr old. I am going to put the 2 lower beds together and have our little one sleep between me and the wall. It should work out for us.

I will post back April 1st and let everyone know how it worked out.

DH wanted to bring our pack-n-play. To much to lug around. Plus, she sleeps in a little girl bed(one that requires a crib mattress) close to the floor and really doesn't like the p-n-p anymore. As she has to remind us ofter, she is a Big Girl now. LOL!

~factor

Archived