TP cross the equator ceremony

kiberkid

• 2 months later...

Don't know what the TP does, but this October we crossed the equator on the Pacific Princess. The ceremony was up on the top deck, next to the pool. The cruise staff were dressed up, one being King Neptune, anohter his wife, and the rest his assistants. About half a dozen cruises had volunteered to participate. The assistant CD had warned us in advance that the ceremony would be very messy. Anyway, The premise was that the cruisers, called polywogs as they had not yet crossed the equator, were accused of a number of sins. Don't remember them all, but glutonny was certianly one of them. They were one by one accused and judged by the assembled masses. Each was convicted, as you might expect, and immediatly slimed by the cruise staff. What a mess, but very collorful. Fortuneately, all were warned in advance to wear bathing suits, or clothing that they would not be too concerned about. After the sliming they were taken for a dip in the pool. Everyone had a good time at the event, even the two crew members who were slimed in their white uniforms. The stage area and pool were such a mess afterwards that the deck was closed for the rest of the afternoon for cleanup. So if DH is a good sport and doesn't mind being the focus of attention then he should have a ball.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Don't know what the TP does, but this October we crossed the equator on the Pacific Princess. The ceremony was up on the top deck, next to the pool. The cruise staff were dressed up, one being King Neptune, anohter his wife, and the rest his assistants. About half a dozen cruises had volunteered to participate. The assistant CD had warned us in advance that the ceremony would be very messy. Anyway, The premise was that the cruisers, called polywogs as they had not yet crossed the equator, were accused of a number of sins. Don't remember them all, but glutonny was certianly one of them. They were one by one accused and judged by the assembled masses. Each was convicted, as you might expect, and immediatly slimed by the cruise staff. What a mess, but very collorful. Fortuneately, all were warned in advance to wear bathing suits, or clothing that they would not be too concerned about. After the sliming they were taken for a dip in the pool. Everyone had a good time at the event, even the two crew members who were slimed in their white uniforms. The stage area and pool were such a mess afterwards that the deck was closed for the rest of the afternoon for cleanup. So if DH is a good sport and doesn't mind being the focus of attention then he should have a ball.

Oh my God! I'll cross the equator for the first time in March!! :( Can I lie?? :D

• 4 months later...
What does the TP do for the cross the equator ceremony. DH has crossed before but can't find his certificate...soooo.. I told him he has to partake again...

I'm going on a transatlantic cruise in two weeks (March, 20 - MSC Armonia, from Rio to Venice). My first time crossing the equator. Will I have a certificate because of that??? Or it is just a joke? :confused:

I'm going on a transatlantic cruise in two weeks (March, 20 - MSC Armonia, from Rio to Venice). My first time crossing the equator. Will I have a certificate because of that??? Or it is just a joke? :confused:

The crew & some passengers partake in a "cross the equator ceremony" that is quite cute & fun & then you will find your official certificate in your cabin/mailbox etc. that night stating that you have officially crossed the equator.

It is all in fun.

Enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone

I crossed the equator on the Pacific Princess...

If you would like to view some (not all) of my photos from the secret ceremony and see my certificate..

I have them on our personal travel website...

Just go into the link below and then into Karen's Cruise Corner,

scroll down until you see Crossing the Line!

You can click on each photo to make it bigger and read the caption.

Enjoy!

http://ourpassportstamps.com/

• 1 month later...

Archived