Anyone hear anything about Mariner in Shanghai now

marylizbeth

this is from Marc who is on the Mariner:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like we have a cross wind of around 40mph. Seas are not too bad. Ship is humid, though. Taiwan really weakened the storm then it made landfall in China instead of staying off shore.

I've been glued to their "seamail" It sounds like all was/is OK with Capt. Phillippe making all the right decisions. They changed the departure time out of Shanghai to 7:00am instead of the originally scheduled 1:00pm(?) departure. Many are off the ship right now going on overnight excursions to Xian or to see the Pandas.

It is now about 9 am Monday and we are entering the Formosa Straits. The outside decks are closed as is the gym. I have not heard anything crashing as I did during the Bering Sea segment. The captain has recommended that we do not use the elevators and they have shut down most of them. We are still due to arrive in Hong Kong at 6 pm tomorrow where the weather is supposed to be good. It is a fabulous cruise. The view from the ship in Shanghai was world class.

-Don on the Mariner

Archived