Cabins to avoid? How to pick?

tardis_mom

We'll be sailing in Nov 2008 on Carnival Imagination. We have a 4A and need to pick an inside cabin on the Riviera deck. How do you decide which cabin to pick? This is what I've read so far in terms of criteria - 1. midship is best, 2. avoid cabins directly next to the elevators. Are these correct? Is there anything else that we need to keep in mind? It will be two adults and a three-year old, with two twin beds and a rollaway. Thanks.

We'll be sailing in Nov 2008 on Carnival Imagination. We have a 4A and need to pick an inside cabin on the Riviera deck. How do you decide which cabin to pick? This is what I've read so far in terms of criteria - 1. midship is best, 2. avoid cabins directly next to the elevators. Are these correct? Is there anything else that we need to keep in mind? It will be two adults and a three-year old, with two twin beds and a rollaway. Thanks.

Yes midship is the best. . your on a bottom floor so I don't think elevators will be a problem for noise. . if you were on a higher deck then I would worry about it. We stayed in R75 which was an interior quad and from what i remember we didn't have any issues with noise and none of us got seasick. You will be fine picking any interior midship. Have fun.. she's a great ship!

Is your three-year old too young to sleep in a drop down bunk (they have rails). I'd choose one of the 4A's with 2 drop down bunks rather than a rollaway if I were you. With a rollaway you'll have "wall to wall" beds at night :) !

I'd choose R176, R180, R184, or the same cabins starboard if your three year old is going to Camp Carnival. It will be handy to be near the aft, but not too far aft.

JMO,

Elevators are never a noise problem, so don't worry about that.

We were so close to the elevators on the Carnival Liberty, we could hear the ding when it got to our floor.

It didn't ever wake us up, but we could hear it in our cabin

Ok ..my 2 cents.. 13 years ago was my first cruise... I was thinking of the ports I went to..that's about all. Inside,outside, where I was located didn't mean a thing to me...It was my first cruise!!! and you know what? I had a great cruise...and have 13 great cruises since then! I love reading and learning things from cc, but honestly, I think sometimes,people overthink here, and you can feel the stress. When I am reading some of these posts, and you see a first, or second time cruiser stressing over little things..gosh it just drives me crazy! Enjoy your first time on a cruise. You will make your own opinions once you have come back. When you ask a question here, you have every personal opinion in the world...make up your own mind. I like to read the reviews of the returning cruisers..but again...enjoy your first cruise..with no certain expectations going in...you will have a great time!!!! Plese let us know what you think of your cruise whn you come back!! and ps...I love being near the elevators, and have never heard any noise!!! Have a great cruise!!!!c

What's on the deck directly above you? I'm more concerned about noise coming from overhead than anywhere else. If it's a desk with just passenger cabins, then you're good to go. If not, and I'm not familiar with your ship at all, you should be careful about your cabin selection.

Sleeping in unfamiliar territory is bad enough for adults; with a child, it can be more troublesome. Being kept awake, or awakened at odd hours, because of activity 'upstairs' (especially if it can be avoided) is frustrating.

T

we've been near the elevators and never had an issue. we do try to avoid aft lower decks because I never know how much noise there will be from the engine...I also try to avoid forward lower decks b/c I have heard a lot of negative experiences related to the anchor being dropped on tendered port days

Archived