best beach for snorkeling

kroozerj

The best beach for snorkeling won't be what most people consider is a "beach". Good snorkeling and a beach where the sand goes out into the water are mutually exclusive. Good snorkeling from shore will take place from a rocky shoreline. Dzul Ha is probably the best choice. Playa Uvas is probably worth a look too.

More snorkeling info

The best beach for snorkeling won't be what most people consider is a "beach". Good snorkeling and a beach where the sand goes out into the water are mutually exclusive. Good snorkeling from shore will take place from a rocky shoreline. Dzul Ha is probably the best choice. Playa Uvas is probably worth a look too.

More snorkeling info

Remember, the info in the above link is more than 2 years old. Written before CAT 4 hurricanes Emily and Wilma in 2005.

Hey Bruce, sorry to say your t-shirt didn't make it through Dean.:( Good excuse to come back and visit again!:D

Look into Chankanaab National Park. I was there many years ago and it is a great snorkeling spot, with palapas for shade and a bar/restaurant. Ship excursions do go there but you can also go on your own in a cab. May be quite crowded, though, if there are several ships in port.

We are going on the Legend in Nov and are looking to do our own shore snorkeling. We will bring most of our own equipment, but will need to rent fins.

We are looking at Playa Bella Vista. Anyone have any info on this beach? It looks like its got some great snorkeling, food, lockers, showers, etc.

Hey Bruce, sorry to say your t-shirt didn't make it through Dean.:( Good excuse to come back and visit again!:D

I'm heart broken. :eek: That was the perfect shirt for Coconuts. I think I have one more like that. I'll definitely have to come back now. I was thinking about visiting for spring vacation the last week in March.:cool:

Paradise Tom,

So what has changed since the hurricanes? Is the snorkeling good from your beach? I had heard snorkeling from a sandy shore isn't the best.

The plan for us right now is to go do the dolphin swim/snorkel, then come to Paradise beach for beach fun/lunch/play/relax. We will see you next June.:)

Archived