picture of Liberty of the Seas #8410

JYL

Judy,

How come you think you may not like your room?

We have never had aft so, I don't know what to expect.

Our room has a pullman not that we will be using it but I wonder if it takes up a lot of space.

I didn't think you were lecturing me..........are you a teacher too?

I know what you mean about being in the right frame of mind it does make a difference. I am not a chronic complainer that was our only issue with RCL...............my hubby & I are go with the flow type of people, I think I am funny but you can form your own opinion. 361119ia4.gif

I have been reading the bad passenger habit thread and have been laughing my head off.

I am pretty sure I'll need to bring a hazmat suit :D

Hi Donna, it turns out our room we booked last Dec. with the help of the "loyalty ambassador" doesn't have a slider, 2 panes of glass, it has a single door with a window 24" by 36". You can't see the ocean from inside, oh, and there's no light in there either. I posted the pictures a couple of posts ago. Here's a different pic. Why would we want to see the ocean from our balcony room? A room we were assured was one of the best on the ship? Oh, and when I called, they just can't help me, all balcony rooms are gone. There, now I ranted. Full price for a cubby hole of a room! I guess there was more rant! I'm looking forward to meeting everyone though, so it will be OK. Just not the room. I just added a picture of our balcony last year, 3 people wouldn't fit on it. Gotta run, I'll post later. Judy

IMG_0185.jpg.f2b4d34b9bc1008cc68099f10096ea46.jpg

FreedomoftheSeas117.jpg.ac57835987c9fff0b73af40328a08ed8.jpg

I would also assume your room would be one of the better ones, everyone says the corner afts have more balcony room.

Oh, I agree it is nice to see the ocean from your room. I don't know if this will work on RCL but on Disney they upgraded us to a room across from the elevators and we specifically said we didn't want that kind of room.

We went to the pursers desk right away during boarding and they were able to move us down several rooms because of a no show.

Maybe after you get on and take a look and determine you may not like it go ask to see if they can change you.

However, since you are looking forward to being in the aft and there are 3 of you and 2 of us, we would be happy to change with you, if RCL will let us, I doubt it would be a problem since our room has a pullman. Really:) keep that in mind.

Hi Donna, it turns out our room we booked last Dec. with the help of the "loyalty ambassador" doesn't have a slider, 2 panes of glass, it has a single door with a window 24" by 36". You can't see the ocean from inside, oh, and there's no light in there either. I posted the pictures a couple of posts ago. Here's a different pic. Why would we want to see the ocean from our balcony room? A room we were assured was one of the best on the ship? Oh, and when I called, they just can't help me, all balcony rooms are gone. There, now I ranted. Full price for a cubby hole of a room! I guess there was more rant! I'm looking forward to meeting everyone though, so it will be OK. Just not the room. I just added a picture of our balcony last year, 3 people wouldn't fit on it. Gotta run, I'll post later. Judy

Judy - what room is this, what deck and what ship? We have a corner aft on Deck 9 on Liberty in May and know it has a door/porthole and wondered if that is what we are getting. If you had opened the curtain could you see the ocen better?

Thanks;)

Our room is between the corner and junior suite I will let you know how things go, I am looking forward to being back there since Judy (JYL) will be a couple rooms down. (How cool :) )

I am going to try to smuggle her into the Diamond lounge....hope she fits in my purse. :D

Donna

Donna: Come visit our thread. Were Packer Fans :) and hope to be able to catch a glimpse at the game Sunday if it's aired onboard but it's during pool games :( . Think hubby might have to take a walk each time I need a drink refill to catch the score, hehe. We are Diamond, not Diamond plus yet but plan on visiting the lounge nightly before our late seating dinner.

I know where there are pictures of 7410 but not 8410.

BonVoyage

Dawna (pronounced Donna :) )

Judy: There is a link to the photos of the E1 equal to what's directly below you. The problem with the Freedom/Voyager Class is the rear superstructure that blocks the aft view. http://schplinky.smugmug.com/gallery/1956345#P-3-20

Those people in picture 43 (Fellow CC fans Dana & Family) were in the Presidential suite and honestly I would have been furious paying for the most expensive cabin on the ship only to see grey decking when I looked over my so called balcony rail. :rolleyes: Sure was fun to get a private tour of though. Your up one more deck and as they go up the structure on the back gets smaller.

BonVoyage

Dawna

iukbsn: all I know is what I can see in the pictures, just found out 1 week ago. I'll post the 2 pics I have. #8410 on Liberty is what I'm talking about.

Dawna, we had a rotten cabin, well, really the balcony, last year, which is why we went to the on board booking. RCI doesn't care though, believe me. They wouldn't even admit to a problem, three people in a room that all 3 couldn't fit on the balcony. I will have fun ... I will have fun ... I will have fun ...

Donna, we are going to try to get there early and we will go to the pursers to see if anything else; but I do love the aft and the idea of being near you. Thanks for your offer, you're very generous. Gotta go back to work. Judy

1909898532_E1withsliders.jpg.92cfef9fa9e508f9d122c0fc0e20cb88.jpg

FreedomoftheSeas117.jpg.e99b0a04e4546b1f7498b91d475ddf7d.jpg

Donna, where are you? I hope everything is all right. One of my longest girlfriends just came to visit for a couple days. Her daughter and grandson live in Charlotte, and she just told me her other daughter and grandson are move there so she will only have to visit one city now to see the family. They love it there. CandJL@msn.com. will you please email me? Thanks, Judy

9 days to go !!!!

I posted this before, didn't get any resposes, just thought I would try again. I would also be happy with comments if no one has pictures but has been in this room. Thanks. 23 days !!!:D
I am booked on the Independence (Freedom Class ship) in 9074 which gives the same description of obstructed view, I really like fantails as they have bigger balconies, let me know if you like your cabin or would you have rather went with a port or aft cabin. Have a great cruise.

socruisin, did you mean 9704? I think it will be just like ours, go back through this posting and you can see the pics. No double glass slider, just one door with a 24 x 36 pane of glass. I'm not happy about the room, I will post when I get back to let you know about the balcony. We leave Sat. I will have a great cruise, thanks so much. Judy

• 2 weeks later...

cmh1919, iukbsn, socruisin: We’re back from our cruise, the best of the four! We met wonderful people online at cruise critic, :D and it was so nice to see people on the ship that you “knew”. It’s funny how on a ship so large with so many people you can still keep bumping into the same people over and over.

Liberty is a beautiful ship, our service was wonderful. Harry was our stateroom attendant, just 2 weeks on the Liberty. Yammi & Carlene were our dining people, as sweet as could be. Just as a reminder we were in #8410, on the aft. Our balcony was wonderful, big, we had 3 chairs and 2 tables on it and there was plenty of room. I’m still not happy about the fact that we didn’t have a slider, but we managed. We were not in the room a lot, it was dark, and possibly if it had not been so dark we would have spent more time in there, hard to say. I would not book this room again, but I have to say it didn’t ruin our cruise, so if you’re in it and it’s too late to move, it’ll be O.K. The post of Dec. 1st, shows the difference between the slider and the one window door. One other thing, there was no way to keep the door open, it had a very heavy spring on it. Judy

Here is a photo of our room, first one in picture is 8712 which is one over from corner. We had the sliding door and wide balcony. We thought we had a tremendous amount of privacy and it is quiet back there.

We did notice the soot and they wash down the balcony every morning.

The next two you see are the two Royal Family Suites-

pc180049kf8.jpg

Hey Donna, we had Harry show us one of the royal family suites before we left, what a great room! We also told him you booked for next year, just in case he's still with Liberty. He had only been on 2 weeks. He was a nice guy. Talk to you later, Judy

Hey Donna, we had Harry show us one of the royal family suites before we left, what a great room! We also told him you booked for next year, just in case he's still with Liberty. He had only been on 2 weeks. He was a nice guy. Talk to you later, Judy

Chuck still hasn't convinced you to be on next year? :)

• 9 years later...
I posted this before, didn't get any resposes, just thought I would try again. I would also be happy with comments if no one has pictures but has been in this room. Thanks. 23 days !!!:D

We are going on the Liberty of the seas, room 8410 on Sunday . Can you send me any details about the room did it have a window or just the little window in the door? Does it have sun bets on the deck?

Thanks

Thank you for the picture . Little disappointed about the tiny window since it did not say that in the room discrioption. The RC agent mentioned an "obstructed view" and when I asked for more details she say there might be a pole in front of the window. And I was hoping to have at least 1 sun-bed on the balcony. Can you request a sun bed?