shopping

awsmrn

Is there a shopping are very close to the Port? Will be cruising Sept. 6th. Our plane arrives early in the morn and I guess we can't embarkation until sometme around 11 or 1pm. Also will the porters take our luggage early????

Thanks!!

You're in luck! Riverwalk is within a short walk of the dock. Several floors to shop, eat, have fun. Not sure exactly what time most of the stores open, although you would probably enjoy just walking around and looking. It's a unique area. You'll be able to have a N'awlins staple - Beignets & Cafe au Lait there (I believe the food areas open pretty early), and sit by the expanse of windows overlooking the river.

I drive to the port, and usually am there by 11:30, on the ship around noon or 12:15. Around 1pm, lots of folks are showing up, and it gets a little hectic.

Thanks Cotton, Here is another question. Let's say we arive at the port around 10am. Will the porters be availabe to take our bags this early? My problem is this, our plane arives at 9am. We wanted to go look around but can't very well do so with all of our luggage. If the porters are not available until later does any one have any suggestions??? But it does sound like they start letting people on earlier that 1pm.

Archived