what is the best family beach in Grand Turk

southbendirish

we just got back, went to governors beach, $3 each from pier area, either by taxi or tram. pretty beach, trees u can get under for shade, bathrooms, outside showers to rinse off, and a smallsnack area..all they had was chips and cracker jacks. soda and beer and fruity drinks.. for $5 u get a chair and float..beautiful clear water with gentle slope, great for the kids. we loved this beach for the day..they do not have umbrellas for rent, but the trees offer sahde, it was 104 when we were there, i just stayed submerged! lots of sand dollarsa nd tot he right of the swim area there r big rocks that is home to alot of beautiful fish. bring snorkel gear! they do rent it too..carnival offeres this excursion for $32, we could hear some of them saying..we could have taken a cab for $3!!!! so for $11 that covers rt transportation, chair/float..cindy

We are headed to Grand Turk in November with a 1.5 and 3 year old. We want to do either Governor's Beach or Bohio Dive Resort for a nice beach day. The question I hope someone who may have travelled recently with very small children can answer is this - are there car seat laws on Grand Turk that would prevent a taxi driver from taking us to the beach without car seats?

this i do not know but...they have the tram which is a train thing like when ya park your car at an amusement park then they take u to the front gate on it..it is right outside by the taxis. same price, i did not see another vehicle, governors is very close we didnt go to the town, so i guess there r not many cars around. the tram goes slow like the other ones at six flags..

• 2 weeks later...

Archived