Card to open safe on Pride

tinydancer21

You might want to use a free card such as you can find at a WalMart store. If it gets misplaced you wouldn't be out anything. Tuck it in a safe place such as a pocket or shoe and you will always find it handy.

Only 4 days left, Tiny. :D

How ironic, you'll be leaving Alaska when everybody is paying a small fortune to cruise there !

At dinner on Sunday night, ask the waiter if you can order off the menu. Then ask them if they have any "whale blubber" prepared. Good icebreaker (pardon the pun). :D

Enjoy your cruise and speak "warmly" of us Angelians. We aren't all like the animals at the airport. :D

Only 4 days left, Tiny. :D

How ironic, you'll be leaving Alaska when everybody is paying a small fortune to cruise there !

At dinner on Sunday night, ask the waiter if you can order off the menu. Then ask them if they have any "whale blubber" prepared. Good icebreaker (pardon the pun). :D

Enjoy your cruise and speak "warmly" of us Angelians. We aren't all like the animals at the airport. :D

Ha ha! You crack me up! :D Actually the funnest part of being from Alaska is when I tell them that I live in North Pole, Alaska which is actually 20 miles south of Fairbanks but the name of my town always floors people! haha

The fip side of it being a fortune to come to AK is that is is also a fortune to leave, this trip is really a big deal for us, just the airfair alone was close to $900 and that is from Anchorage to LAX, so we have to drive 365 miles to get to Anchorage, if we would have flown out of Fairbanks it would have been over $1000 in airfare. :eek:

Ha ha! You crack me up! :D Actually the funnest part of being from Alaska is when I tell them that I live in North Pole, Alaska which is actually 20 miles south of Fairbanks but the name of my town always floors people! haha

The fip side of it being a fortune to come to AK is that is is also a fortune to leave, this trip is really a big deal for us, just the airfair alone was close to $900 and that is from Anchorage to LAX, so we have to drive 365 miles to get to Anchorage, if we would have flown out of Fairbanks it would have been over $1000 in airfare. :eek:

LOL. You're a good sport, Tiny

I just pulled up on sidestep.com, a great airline reservations search engine I use and I get $346 per person round trip from Anchorage to LAX. However, maybe you bought your tixs last minute and have to pay the higher price. I used a minimum 3 week span which also puts the date into the late September category which probably is getting into the "low season" for Alaska? :confused:

I don't know why, but I picked up on you and your husband's saga of coming to LAX (dealing with that zoo) and cruising the PRIDE and have followed your progress ever since. Alaska is the only state I have never been to, so maybe its my fascination with the land and people that live there. Some day I'll make it (was hoping to pull a last cruise of the season out of Vancouver, but that hope is dimming). :(

I hope you have a great cruise and also hope I'm not offending you with the Alaskan whale, igloo, eskimo jokes. Be safe. :)

LOL. You're a good sport, Tiny

I just pulled up on sidestep.com, a great airline reservations search engine I use and I get $346 per person round trip from Anchorage to LAX. However, maybe you bought your tixs last minute and have to pay the higher price. I used a minimum 3 week span which also puts the date into the late September category which probably is getting into the "low season" for Alaska?

I don't know why, but I picked up on you and your husband's saga of coming to LAX (dealing with that zoo) and cruising the PRIDE and have followed your progress ever since. Alaska is the only state I have never been to, so maybe its my fascination with the land and people that live there. Some day I'll make it (was hoping to pull a last cruise of the season out of Vancouver, but that hope is dimming).

I hope you have a great cruise and also hope I'm not offending you with the Alaskan whale, igloo, eskimo jokes. Be safe.

Ahhh! Thanks! :o I hope you do get to come up here someday, even though I have lived here my whole life I still appreciate how beautiful it is, you'd love it. :)

Thanks for the info on that website, I think I just had a bad TA so I might have missed out on some better deals if I would have done the footwork myself. Oh, well, live and learn! :rolleyes:

Sweetcharlotte, the reason I don't use my S&S card for the safe is simple. If I happen to drop my S&S card outside my cabin door, anyone could let themselves in the room and then help themselves to the "millions" I keep in the safe. :D I figure it's safer to use something they would never associate with my cabin. (I actually use my Florida Driver's License since it has a magnetic strip) Now everyone on CC knows my secret and will be after the millions. Darn.

Sweet: We had always used our S&S card until our last cruise on the Miracle we used it to lock the safe and could not get back in there. They had someone come down and open it for us. They told us we should never use the S&S card for this. So we just used a credit card we had brought. They never really said why we shouldn't use the S&S though.

Archived