The wonderful cab drivers in Nassau!

adamsmom

My camera broke a few months ago, and my best friend offered to loan me her expensive digital Canon Rebel. I thought it over a while, and decided I would borrow it and take the risk, since I would get some really good pics.

We got off the ship in Nassau and went to Atlantis. We caught a cab back to the ship when we left the Comfort Suites. I had a bag in one hand, and the camera slung over my shoulder since I knew I would want to take some pictures of the ship from the pier since it was getting dark and the lights would be on.

We got through security and began to walk down the pier, when I realized I didn't have the camera. :eek: It must have slipped off my shoulder as I sat on the cab seat. I ran back through the building and out where the cab had dropped us off, but it was gone. I ran back into the building and told the people at the cab desk what had happened. They assured me that they would do their best to locate the driver and my camera.

I was quite distraught by this time, and I just knew that the camera was gone for good. I was doing some quick figuring in my head as to how much I was going to have to work to pay for it. The fellow that was in charge of the cab association or whatever it was assured me that the drivers were all very honest, but that he couldn't be responsible for passengers that the driver had picked up. If the driver didn't see it, anyone could climb into the cab and find the camera there on the seat and decide to just take it without saying a word.

My hubby sent the kids and I on to the ship to have dinner, and he decided to stay there until the last possible minute before the ship sailing to see if we could get the camera back. While walking back to the ship, the kids and I stopped to say a prayer. I then took the kids to eat (I couldn't eat at that point), and dropped them off at Adventure Ocean.

Meanwhile, the cab people were trying to figure out which driver had brought us and how to locate him. Well, thank God for my husbands uncanny ability to remember faces and people! While they were standing there trying to contact a certain hotel that they thought our driver was at, the guy walked in and my husband recognized him. He eventually pointed him out to the other people, and they asked if he had found a camera in his cab. He went out and came back in with it!

I went back to our cabin after pacing around the ship, and there was hubby and the camera. I have never felt such a sense of relief in all my life! Praise God!

I know that if I had left that camera in a cab in most other cities, including the one I live in, we would have never seen it again. THANK YOU, to the Nassau cabbie, whoever you are! You saved our whole vacation! We didn't even get the fellow's name, but hubby tipped him and the other guy that helped well.

Archived